Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

married and going to a prostitute

5K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  Cosmos 
Just want to throw my 2c...

He probably said it in a matter of fact way because, out of the two of his colleagues, the younger man took his vows more recently and presumably has young kids, whereas the 50 year old's kids are probably moved out. The younger colleague has really just began his lifetime commitment compared to the older man. Honestly, it could have been a flippant remark. If he was thinking 'I could be doing that too for the same reason' he almost definitely would not have said it.

Unless there are other warning signs, I wouldn't read too much into it.
It sounds to me like you guys are very close and what you would have liked to hear him say, "But I would never dream of it", he could think of that as a given. He thinks it but didn't say it, because to him it's obvious, though it would have comforted you.

Believe me, if the idea of actually going ahead and paying for sex was there, he most likely would have just said nothing!

Hey, let's not freak out the OP with talk of warts etc!
Meh, doing something stupid after a few drinks would be adding salt instead of sugar. Going to prostitutes is much different. There are many stages of decision making all skewing towards selfishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.