Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I are married for roughly about 6 months and living together since Nov. 2011. Due to financial reasons he decided to move in with a coworker prior to me relocating to where he was at. We all get along fine but little habits seem to annoy me with roommate. He does not clean up after himself at all is quite hard headed and does not listen. I have brought this up to my husband many times and we are always getting into arguments about him we are trying to find another place but have yet too. The husband thinks that i should just get over it but it is very difficult the roommate is also his best friend so i dont know what to do or what i should tell my husband to get him to see my side of things. If any one has any suggestions please feel free to reply.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
You are looking for another place to live? So why stir up trouble?

It's His place = his rules.

Are you freeloading from this guy while you are trying to find a job & you & hubby are saving up to get your own place??
Or do you pay some kind of rent?

If you pay some kind of rent, then okay maybe a comment about how a clean apartment would be nice. But, leave it to ONE comment.

But honestly, the situation probably isn't going to get better. Not until you & hubby actually DO find a place & move out. Until then.. I agree with hubby. Shut it & deal with it. You complaining to hubby about the roommates cleanliness habits is NOT going to get the guy to clean up.

All you are doing is going to cause a rift. If you think it is causing a rift between hubby & his friend, you are mistaken. The rift will be between you & hubs. He will only resent it if you keep it up.

My suggestion is.. AFTER you have moved out & into your own place with hubby.. Keep it very clean for a month. THEN you can say "See, isn't this nicer to have a clean place to come home to?" Then drop it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hum, the first question that I want to ask you is what is a marriage life for you and for him? I'm wondering if you guys have a different picture. Just ask your husband where does he see you in 1 year or 2 years from now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.