Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -

I'll try to be as brief as possible here.

I'm a 37 year old man w/ 2 very young boys. I've been married 9 years. Thats neither here nor there though.

I could go on and on about her issues and also about my issues (because I know very well I'm not perfect), but the point is that the marriage just isn't working any more. I feel we've grown apart in every way. Here's my problem. I have no family and very few friends here where we live. I agreed we'd raise our family here because she always seemed more 'needy' of her family than I was of mine. However, not being the most sociable person in the world, I don't really have a support system outside of her and her family here. I also have a history of a lot of depression. I also fear having another man basically raising my 2 boys, etc etc etc. I don't know what to do. I feel that our separation is inevitable (we aren't even living together right now), but I'm scared to take it to the next level because I'm scared to be alone and end up spiraling into a deep depression and who knows what else. I'm sure some of what I'm feeling must be common, but I'm not sure who to talk to b/c most of my friends here aren't married. Help! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
You're letting everything control your life BUT you!

Get out there and meet some people right now. Find a local club or class that you can take, and go do it. Yes, you'll get through this like others have, but how easy or hard it is depends on you.

Seek medical help if you start recognizing symptoms of depression in yourself returning.

If you take just these two steps, you'll be better able to cope with the changes that are coming your way and you'll be setting a standard that teaches your sons how to deal well with adversity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.