Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.. Just a basic introduction of my self.. I am 26, going on 27, and currently stationed overseas for approximately 28 more days. My wife is 24, and back in Arizona where we are from.

I have been married to her for 16 months, but we've been together off and on for over 5 or 6. We have a 2 1/2 year old boy who means everything to both of us.

In January I suspected something was going on with her, we were fighting a lot, she has a problem with talking to people she shouldn't be. I feel it's almost an addiction. She's admitted it's a problem, but refuses to change it. I was made out to be crazy and making things up. I wound up seeing a chaplain, and then got sent to a mental health professional. I was unstable with everything going on, thinking I was going crazy and all.. I went home on leave in March, and everything went great. I was home from 20MAR2012 to 10APR2012.. When I came back, we started fighting again. This time it was because she was on Yahoo Messenger and she never is so I asked what she was doing on it, and she said just 'checking my email'.. so I get on there, and she was talking to her ex, and allowing him to talk like an idiot to her, and she was also talking to one of her HS teachers who's a major creep, including sending him a picture, not nude, or displaying anything that she shouldn't be, but a picture.. well I busted her on that, and she tried to deny it at first until I told her I was on her email and saw the conversation. A few weeks pass and she said she would go talk to someone to help with her problems.. well she made every excuse in the world and failed to go not once, but twice. I got upset about it. We fought more. In July I found out I was getting out of the military for mental health reasons, and I couldn't be happier, getting back to salvage my marriage. Then... we were talking about something and I had asked if she ever kissed the person I thought she was ****ing around with(a female) and she said YES! I couldn't believe it! I was extremely upset. I mean I was ready to go on a rampage!... It didn't take me long to get over it, but now she is trying to put the blame on me for everything. Her excuse was it only happened once and she was drunk. I told her I didn't want her to be friends with this person since she can't control her self around her. And she refuses to cut ties... I have done everything I can to get out and get home to my family. I had a 24 month tour here, unaccompanied and I feel it just took its toll on me personally, and my family.

Yesterday (20SEP2012) She said she wants space. What should I do? I can just ignore her, uninstall everything on my phone that has a way to contact me, i've already taken her off my facebook, i've uninstalled skype, etc. What should I do? I seriously need some advice here. If she cheats on me again then the answer is in the puddin.. and her fate is written in stone.. but if she doesn't fool around while she 'needs' space.. should I take her back with open arms? Or should I just be a ****head.:mad:

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
First off, thank you very much for your service!!

She says she wants space... she has space. You're not even there. I interpret that as she wants out. She wants the freedom to do whatever she wants without the guilt.

You know what you know. It hurts, and I'm sorry for that, but staying the course with her is really your decision. No one can make that for you. If it were me? I'd tell her to go kick rocks. I'm young, we can share custody of our child... but I wouldn't want to be with a person that could not be 100% loyal to me. I could recover from this mess and find a mature partner to be with that understands what it is I want in a relationship and wants the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I just said 'wow, okay.' when she told me that.. Lately we've been fighting a lot about finances with me getting out soon, and the economy sucking the way it is, I am trying to save as much money as possible. But she continued to spend and spend, so I cut her off, I put all the money in my '2nd' account. She has money for bills, and that's it.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Yeah, I just said 'wow, okay.' when she told me that.. Lately we've been fighting a lot about finances with me getting out soon, and the economy sucking the way it is, I am trying to save as much money as possible. But she continued to spend and spend, so I cut her off, I put all the money in my '2nd' account. She has money for bills, and that's it.
I would imagine the fighting over funds was more about her play money than paying the bills. Partying and hanging out is expensive... eating out, buying drinks, shopping for clubwear, you get the idea. She probably can't account for what she's spent in the past 3 months. Good for you for taking charge there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would imagine the fighting over funds was more about her play money than paying the bills. Partying and hanging out is expensive... eating out, buying drinks, shopping for clubwear, you get the idea. She probably can't account for what she's spent in the past 3 months. Good for you for taking charge there.
I feel like the "space" i give her, is just gonna make me not really care what happens one way or another.. We were planning our honeymoon for when I get out, so we spent $$$ on clothes for her and then not even a week later she goes and spends more on more clothes... and coincidentally she's "going out" for her birthday tonight.. and she "needs space" as of yesterday... sigh going crazy here with no family or REAL friends sucks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.