Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife and i are schedules to start mc on the 11th tring to straighten things out. i got no problem with that. what i have problems with is the questionaire they sent out,and wonder if this is normal.back anxiety paperwork,depression,if you ever recieved psychological services in the past,personel medical history,and other dumb questions(example-do you wear seatbelts)seems kind of off the wall...but seeing how ive never done mc before just wanted to ask first. thank you.

·
Banned
4,714 Posts
I’d phone up and cancel right away.

They need to focus and the only way they’re going to do that is by asking the two of you what your key problems are. Not what you had for breakfast and other such trivia.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like you picked a bad service. Keep looking until you find a better one. I've been to 4 different MC's and they never asked me to fill out any questionaires. They never helped either, but that is a different story. Maybe they should have had a questionaire ;)

It sounds like you are headed down the wrong path.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
my wife and i are schedules to start mc on the 11th tring to straighten things out. i got no problem with that. what i have problems with is the questionaire they sent out,and wonder if this is normal.back anxiety paperwork,depression,if you ever recieved psychological services in the past,personel medical history,and other dumb questions(example-do you wear seatbelts)seems kind of off the wall...but seeing how ive never done mc before just wanted to ask first. thank you.
Wearing seatbelts...could be they are trying to find out in an off-hand way how responsible you are, how attentive to your own safety you are...it could all be relevant, and past pschological history is definitely relevant.

Medical history is relevant because certain medications and conditions can cause psychological differences depending on what they are.

Everything is connected you know.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Sounds like you picked a bad service. Keep looking until you find a better one. I've been to 4 different MC's and they never asked me to fill out any questionaires. They never helped either, but that is a different story. Maybe they should have had a questionaire ;)

It sounds like you are headed down the wrong path.
I don't agree. How thorough can they be if they don't know you are on Vicodin for backpain and that is why you get cranky in the afternoon after it wears off, which is when you fight with your spouse more?

Or what if a husband is claiming he's too tired in the afternoon to help do laundry, and the key reason is he has a poor diet or vitamin deficiency?

My dad would go off the deep end at us when we were visiting over silly stuff and then we find it was because his blood sugar was real low and it was causing him to freak out.

Like I said, everything is connected.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Answer honestly, don't be afraid to make yourself look good and above all, don't incriminate yourself. Common sense, they are testing your common sense

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i appreciate everyones respones.i cansee both sides of the coin,but i really dont feel confortable telling a stranger my medical background.more examples are,heart disease,cancer,stroke,high cholestrol,and copd now whats that got do do with mc?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
i appreciate everyones respones.i cansee both sides of the coin,but i really dont feel confortable telling a stranger my medical background.more examples are,heart disease,cancer,stroke,high cholestrol,and copd now whats that got do do with mc?
Based on the counseling sessions I have attended, I would consider a report of the man's heart condition to be mandatory

·
Registered
22 Posts
The questionnaires don't look at all misplaced to me. It is mostly stuff you would ask a patient/client during a first appointment anyway. Just the seatbelt,...not sure, haven't ever asked that, but it can't harm you in any way to just fill them out, right? And you could just bring it up during the first appointment that you found te questions odd..
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.