Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short: I divorced an alcoholic and married my 2nd husband 6 months ago after dating for 1 year. The new husband was intelligent, artistic, and sensitive but also unemployed, less educated, and flat broke. We both have a history of recreational drug use in our youth but generally drink less than a 6 pack per month. I thought we were on the same page about everything except he was out of work. I'm a professional who is financially stable so I offered him the opportunity to be a stay at home dad to my son but he was not happy. His behavior has drastically changed since the wedding. On the wedding night he suggested we go to sleep becasue it's not such a big deal to have sex. The marriage has not been consumated because he is impotent when I'm around (he says it works fine when he's alone). He has gotten increasingly moody and depressed and has taken to criticizing my parenting skills and my son. We fight constantly. He sleeps 12 hours per day. I think he has an eating disorder due to losing 15+ pounds since we've been together which gives him a BMI of 15 and is considered emaciated for his height. He practically refuses to eat which is difficult for me to understand as an overweight diabetic. He went to a psychiatrist on his own recently but he does not take the antidepressants regularly and refuses any other medical treatment. He was hospitalized last month for acute alcohol intoxication with a BAC over 500 but he doesn't remember how it happened since he was in a car accident earlier that day with a concussion. The shrink calls it a suicide attempt. He fell over 3 days in a row last week and I broke down hysterical. It could be from not eating or secretly drinking or taking drugs. Either way I don't think I can deal with it. He'd already left me 3 times in the past 6 months so I sent him back to live with his father. Am I the worst wife in the world for abandoning someone so clearly in need? Or is it reasonable to pull the plug to protect my sanity and son?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.