Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious really about other folk's opinions - is it wrong to ask your wife to put on make up prior to a romantic evening?

My wife doesn't really mind and I ask her nicely, like I just suggest it to her to "look her best" but at the same time I wonder if it can be seen as a bit superficial? She's beautiful regardless but when she wears makeup, dresses up, ties her hair up, then flirts/teases me, hell she never even has to wonder whether she's going to get sex or not, she's GOT IT COMING!!!

I find it so much easier to give her what she wants when she does, that's all... on our routine days I hate to admit it but I don't always feel the attraction unless she gives me a good tease or really turns me on with her flirts.

So, thoughts?

·
Premium Member
14,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there are times when my wife without having to dress up/put on makeup/whatever - still drives me wild with lust. Common example is her coming out of the shower, her skin glistening, me knowing she's wearing nothing underneath, too late! The towel is coming off! lol

But other times... meh, I don't know =/

·
Premium Member
14,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, I simply suggest it to her to look her best

Which is pretty much the same thing :rofl: but it's worded much less offensively lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
RD I understand your mind set. My wife is a bit conservative and if she puts on make up to go out to dinner there will definately be dessert when we get home. I should probably ask her to wear make up more often.

:smthumbup:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I wear make up maybe four times a year. I have asked a couple of times if my hubby would rather I wear it and he says he doesn't even notice when I do or don't.

I think it's a bad idea to say anything to her about it.

·
Banned
1,696 Posts
I don't like make up in that type of situations. The smell of those products are often repulsive for me and she doesn't need it. They get in the way and add nothing for me.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I have gotten so used to my wife sans makeup, she almost looks wrong with it on. (I would NEVER say that!)

I am a big believer, if makeup is desired by her.. in the 'au naturale' look - but its up to her. Yeah, the glamour look has a place too I suppose, but to me - simple is oh so much better. Not easy to pull off - but when it is done well - I am drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

Its not hard to simply offer the same little pet coos and compliments and appreciation makeup or not though. Frankly - she gets far more out of it, I believe, when she understands you like her looks as she is.

You keep only complimenting her only when she is all made up - and you are going to teach her that is when she is attractive to you. That you like the buff, killer, perfect image layered on with a brush and pencils rather than who she really is.

It has a place - just make sure to give her plenty of room to be herself too. Once women reach that comfort zone with their looks and their body, everything gets better for everyone. She doesnt have to play dressup to get my fires going.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Make up or no make up....I am always sexually attracted to my wife. I do not say anything to her, do not ask her, do not suggest anything about make up....if she feels like wearing it she does....

·
Premium Member
14,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But it just makes me SO HORNY when she dresses up/ties her hair up/puts on make up and looks her very best!!!

Besides she is picky with how I look ne ways, picky with the clothes I wear anyways, tells me off if I'm lazy and not working out, and cuts my hair and even plucks my ballsac pubs too so... -.-

Lol!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If she doesn't mind and you both enjoy the resulting fun there is no harm in it. It doesn't sound superficial to me, tell her you have a fetish for sophisticated women or something haha.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Husband has never asked me to but then again, I don't wear much make up: Eye and lip liner with lip stick or gloss. When we started dating, he commented once while we were getting ready for a date on how little make up I wear; said it made him feel like I was 'real' vs made up.

He tells me all the time that one of his favorite looks on me is the 'sexy bed head' in the morning! Lol! I have to wonder on that one though!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "prior to a romantic evening..."

It could mean prior to your going out to dinner and a movie and then making love afterwards, or it could mean prior to making love.

If you're referring to the whole date-night and love-making, then if you're going to ask her to wear make-up, word it like this: Hey let's make this date-night special. Let's both get dressed-up looking our best tonight like we used to do when we were dating...and could you put on that blue eye shadow you wore on our first date? I still remember the way you looked that night.

If you're talking about just prior to love-making, say:
I know it's a pain, but you know what I'd really love? I still remember exactly the make-up you were wearing the first night we made love. You had that blue eye make-up with that blush and eye-liner. We've been together fifteen years and you're still every bit as beautiful to me as you were back then. Could you wear your make-up that way again?

Instead of asking for the make-up on the day of the date-night, ask for it a week in advance.

Your question made me think of my experience with my wife. I really do remember every detail about the way she looked the first time we made love. It was June 1998 - fourteen years ago - and I remember being conscious in-the-moment thinking to myself that I was the luckiest guy in the world making love to the most beautiful woman in the world. I remember her make-up. I remember falling in love with the small wrinkles on the top of her nose that people get from being smiley people. I remember the way her skin shined, and the way her cheeks shook while we were going at it. The memory is burned-in. And when I look at her today, almost fifteen years later, I still see that beautiful woman that I was so lucky to be with. I tell her often about this memory I have of her. And I have told her about the make-up she wore and how great she looked that day. And she puts it on for me anytime I ask her to - whether it's for a date-night, or just for love-making. Not always, but sometimes.

Just ask.

·
Registered
226 Posts
me personally i like my woman to look natural no make-up at all. if a woman wears make-up its basically to cover up her blemishes and is fake.

I like it when my woman just puts her hair up and keeps her natural look now thats sexy.

natural beauty is the best. besides some women go over board when applying make-up on and continue to apply more thru out the day so by the end of the day they have layers of make-up on :D

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
My husband has told me many times I am beautiful without makeup, I so appreciate that he feels this way .... but guess what - I think I look better with it and feel naked leaving the house without it ....It is important for ME to like how I look....even in turning him on, I want to feel that Vixen inside. They just look better with some make up !! and how we dress can UP that feeling, then add some heels, it goes a little higher yet.

My sons Girlfriend just gave him an anniversary gift of "365 reasons why I love you" written out (it was the sweetest thing)...... 1 out of those 365 said..... "You still think I am pretty without my make up".

Another said something about " loving me for ME & what is inside, not how I look". But I must admit -the girl is physically beautiful..... so yeah, I think it is easy for him to feel that way.

FrenchFry's example is great... so obvious that girl is prettier with a little make up.....going from a #1 ..."Plain Jane" to a #4 ..."HOT Jane".

5,148 Posts
I actually like it when she doesn't wear much makeup....just with her hair pulled back in a ponytail...looking "normal". I also am not a big fan of kissing when she has any kind of heavy lipstick on.

I just like her in her natural, beautiful state. I guess I am just a simple man!

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
I also am not a big fan of kissing when she has any kind of heavy lipstick on.

I just like her in her natural, beautiful state. I guess I am just a simple man!
My husband hates the lip stick too, he'll pause ,give me a look, as if... If I want a
, I need to get that off of my lips.

I am so fast putting on makeup, I likely don't wear much, probably takes me a minute to get my face ready.. I am faster in the bathroom than some of my sons... it's not normal.

He also says he is a "simple man" ~ that is a blessing though. ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.