Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to start brown bagging lunch. I eat out almost every day, which I know is not good for me. But I never know what to bring to eat. Sandwiches taste weird to me if they've been sitting in the fridge for hours. I like warm food I guess.

I've been thinking about buying a small appliance for my office kitchen. Either a toaster oven or panini press. Which one do you think would be better for using at the office to make healthy sandwiches? I'm thinking a toaster oven because you wouldn't have to use oil. Plus it seems like clean up would be easier. But I do love me a hot panini.

Any suggestions? What about food other than sandwiches and soup? What do YOU eat for lunch?

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Also get a smoothie blender like one of the torpedo looking ones some frozen fruit light soy milk protein bannanas and agave nectar

delish quick and easy

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I like smoothies. But having a blender and keeping the ingredients at the office seems like it would be a pain. Have you tried that? Is it pretty convenient with cleanup and everything?

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Yes we have a full size refrig with a freezer and the blender is easy just rinse out a few times
s far as the fruit I like peaches so I buy the frozen bags at wally world and a half gallon of light soy milk it stays in the fridge
The protein you can get like 5lbs at sams pretty reasonable its quick easy and not messy
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
I eat anything and everything at work; I agree with you, sandwiches are yucky after they've been sitting, so I just assemble my sandwiches on the spot at work...

Leftovers. I usually make 2-3 containers to take to work/school, so anything goes (we have a microwave).

I make my own hummus, and I like to spread it on thick whole grain crackers (with a dollop of sriracha sauce on top) for a quick snack at work.

Omelettes. I have a TupperWare Breakfast Maker, and it's great. Crack 2 eggs and whatever fixings I have, mic on 70% for about 3:30, and that's it.

Toast.

Sadly, I could actually live here...;)

·
Registered
13,981 Posts
I struggle with lunch too, it should be so easy but...

Do you have access to a microwave? We tend to cook dinner with an eye to leftovers. Sometimes we'll even poach off extra chicken breast the night before. Also a lot of salads. Cut up veg and dip with some pita chips.

Or, just be like my IT guy, eat a bowl of plain steamed broccoli EVERY day.

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Oh.....let's see....for lunch :scratchhead:

I have several different cans of Progresso soups on hand and some oyster crackers. Great for these cold days.

If I want sandwiches, I keep ham and cheese in the fridge and keep a loaf of bread in my office. I make the sammies on the spot. I also have a jar of Nutella and peanut butter here at work.

If there are leftovers from dinner the night before, I eat those for lunch - we have a microwave here.

Sometimes a cup of Shells & Cheese; it's something that's quick to make in the microwave and filling.

Sometimes the boss buys our lunches (hotdogs or pizzas). :D

I also, from time to time, have Lean Cuisines and keep a few of my favorites in the freezer here at the office.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
CharlieParker said: Do you have access to a microwave? We tend to cook dinner with an eye to leftovers. Sometimes we'll even poach off extra chicken breast the night before. Also a lot of salads. Cut up veg and dip with some pita chips.
This is us.... If there is a microwave at work... You can heat up literally anything...I specifically buy glass dishes for this purpose, don't like all the "carcinogens in plastic containers" messages you hear in the news.

I pack whatever we have in the fridge/ dinner left overs ...could be chicken & Rice, Fish & beans (etc ), always a salad, a little bottle of dressing (when I forget the dressing, I can expect a personal call from one of his co-workers telling me my husband is chocking down his lunch in front of them).... some fruit, a little container of nuts ....

If he packed his own lunch, he'd likely eat like a bird, so I am sure to get up & pack it every morning. If I skip & am lazy or sick -he has soup in cans at work.

It'd be way too costly to eat out every day. That'd be a huge No No for our family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.