Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been 3 weeks since we separated and its lonely.My wife wants me back but I don't want the toxic relationship anymore.But it sure would make everything easier.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
It will get better. The tough times will pass and you'll be far better off without the chronic toxicity. You'll be glad you didn't go back!

Reactions: Ella-Bee

·
Registered
611 Posts
Who's idea was the separation? What issues did you have in your marriage? And toxic relationships don't improve or go away in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Do you think that Marriage Counseling would help you both to resolve the toxicity in the relationship?
If you think it's HER, will she go to Individual counseling?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife suffers from depression and just about every fight for the last 15 years it would be over.I have told her if I make it out the door I will not come back.I have been dealing with this the whole time.I had to move in with my sister I'm middle aged.I feel like I'm stuck she was the bread winner.

·
Registered
611 Posts
My wife suffers from depression and just about every fight for the last 15 years it would be over.I have told her if I make it out the door I will not come back.I have been dealing with this the whole time.I had to move in with my sister I'm middle aged.I feel like I'm stuck she was the bread winner.
If she was truly the bread winner, you may be due alimony (yes, guys can get that too). I would find a lawyer that offers a free consult and see what they suggest.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Hey, you gave it all you had. It's above your pay grade. But you can and will get a job. Don't be picky. Just get one or get two crappy ones. Nothing wrong with needing to lean on relatives temporarily. Just make getting work your priority. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
Do you work at all?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its been 3 weeks since we separated and its lonely.My wife wants me back but I don't want the toxic relationship anymore.But it sure would make everything easier.
When you think its toxic , pls refrain yourself , there is definitely more life to life ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts