Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

If anyone can offer me some light it would be grateful.

In my early 30's and basically worked hard over the last 10 years got married but in the end up until now things are getting worse by the day I cannot see a way out. The wife left bills mounted got made redundant as no work was left!

Always viewed myself as positive and things will get better, but last 2-3 years i have seen a huge dramatic change in peoples attitudes. It seems to me like we are going back 200 years rather than progressing as people.

I even fear talking to people in the park as they may view you as a criminal an offender or even saying hi to kids in the street with there parents looking shocking at you for saying hi like your a pedo.

I have never seen in 20 years so many homes for sale in my street and I hear about breakups, divorces the list goes on. I even heard the council may start charging for free services like ambulance, police requests!

I feel serious disinterested in getting married again I feel whats the point when everyone's main objective is money and security and not people and there feelings anymore.

So I guess its no hope left got a feeling the end of the world will be soon.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
You sound like you may be having a depression. Are you talking to anyone about how hopeless you're feeling? If not, will you consider making one appointment with a psychiatrist or doctor to talk about the possibility of getting on some antidepressant medication?

With most antidepressants, you'll notice a significant difference in how you feel and think within 2-4 weeks.

I went through something very similar. I couldn't find a purpose in life, felt completely abandoned by everybody I loved, and had no interest in anything. I thought everything was futile and that there was no value in anything. It took a couple months on antidepressants to get past it, but I'm so glad I did.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't consider myself to be depressed or needing anti depressants I have resorted to watching happy couples in movies which seems to have helped a little but movies are largely fictional towards real life.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
So I guess its no hope left got a feeling the end of the world will be soon.
That is your impression of your world, not the reality of the world. Have you seen a Dr? I agree with Kathy, please seek some professional help and look into depression. You don't have to live like this.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
You sound like you're feeling a lot of despair because you don't see a way out of your problems. I think that whatever your problems are, they are oppressing you and you see them and not anything beyond them. Since everyone on this forum is pretty much an objective anonymous person, why don't you try talking about what's bugging you?

You mentioned that your wife left you with a pile of bills. Did she walk out on you or kick you out? Is she there but unwilling to contribute financially? Do you two talk about problems or are there big communication issues? Are you considering or in the middle of a divorce or separation?

Telling us what's going on might help us give you better advice because we will have clearer picture of your situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.