Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it take to get over it? Do you ever get over it? What if infidelity of the partner was involved in the eventual breakup?

I got married to my first love, after a six year courtship. It seemed like a fairytale. Then she cheated six months into the marriage. Less than three months since DD. Filed for divorce a week ago. Most of the times I think I am over her, especially when I remind myself how she treated me. However, the mornings are the worst and sometimes it hurts like hell.

How many of you did get married to your first love and it turned out to be happily ever after?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Not sure if my wife was my "first love". Had crushes before her but never head over heels love.

We were married 41 years ago. Has it been easy? No. Always good? No.

I don't think any marriage is "happy ever after". Life interrupts. A lot.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
It can take a while... months, sometimes years, but if you let yourself get back into the swing of things, it will help a LOT!

It's important to give yourself time to grieve such an important loss from your life. It's not much different than when a person dies. You can expect times when you feel numb, times when you feel angry, times when you expect her to walk through the door or you think you caught a glimpse of her walking down the street. And eventually, you'll find acceptance.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Took me over a year. Then I met my current love. You check their facebook page, see who theyre hanging with, wonder if theyre better than you, wonder what you're lacking, wallow in self loathing for.. however long. Then one day, your brain is ready for somebody else.

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
How long does it take to get over it? Do you ever get over it? What if infidelity of the partner was involved in the eventual breakup?

I got married to my first love, after a six year courtship. It seemed like a fairytale. Then she cheated six months into the marriage. Less than three months since DD. Filed for divorce a week ago. Most of the times I think I am over her, especially when I remind myself how she treated me. However, the mornings are the worst and sometimes it hurts like hell.

How many of you did get married to your first love and it turned out to be happily ever after?
I did, reunited after his 19yr marriage ended. We married, he had an EA with her and divorced me in less than a year. I have never been so shattered in my entire life. Fvcking nightmare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.