Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Ultimately I'm looking for a little advice, from people that aren't biased and know us on a personal level. Everything said is the 100% truth. I don't know anybody therefore have no reason to lie.

So we got married just a year ago July, and already in divorce proceedings. The first year of the relationship, we were together for a total of 3, was pretty good. There were some signs, but just overlooked them as I loved her. Then abuse started flying, Before I knew it, it was almost like she got comfortable slugging me, as she knew I wouldn't hit back. One time, there was a laptop cracked over my head, and ended up with a big gash. I panicked and called the cops as I was terrified.. And I'm a decent sized guy.. But she scared the **** out of me.. Anyways, cops come, and next thing I know, she's telling the cops I punched her in the stomach, which I did not do. She ended up driving herself to the hospital as she said she was having pains, she was pregnant. Ever since that day, she would say I killer her child. Completely made up, never touched her. Fast forward, more abuse, me getting locked out of the house on a regular basis, can not correct her child, I would actually get punished for it. Now I'm not saying I'm innocent, i can get loud during an argument, but I've never laid a hand on her. There were more false accusations that I abused her, but not going to get into it.

So finally I had it with living with her, and told her i was going to file a divorce. What does she do, has to beat me to the punch, and filed before I had a chance. With her divorce papers, she filed ANOTHER bogus DV case.. I'm not sure what evidence she submitted, but the judge denied it 3 times, every time she'd submit new "evidence", the judge would deny.

I also found out when i got the petition, that my name was forged on a prenup. I signed a prenup prior to marriage, i'll admit that, however the one that was submitted to the courts is falsified and forged. Even somehow got a co worker to notarize it without me being present, which i believe is crime in itself from what I've researched. She admitted today when she called that she took a copy of my DL in with her and the notary notarized it.

So I'm thinking about filing a report with the state of FL's notary department about the notary. She was begging me not to as she will lose her job. I haven't filed it yet, but seriously considering it still. My soon to be ex wife does have a child, and chances are she will lose her job. At the same time, I'm thinking nobody cared about me when false Domestic Violence accusations were filed. I just passed my Series 7 not too long ago, and could have it revoked for violent crimes.

It's a lot, but looking for thoughts. My family is obviously siding with me, and i refuse to discuss it with mutual friends even though she has tried throwing me under the bus with a few.

Talk to me. Hope it all makes sense.

D

·
Administrator
42,485 Posts
Hello all.

Ultimately I'm looking for a little advice, from people that aren't biased and know us on a personal level. Everything said is the 100% truth. I don't know anybody therefore have no reason to lie.

So we got married just a year ago July, and already in divorce proceedings. The first year of the relationship, we were together for a total of 3, was pretty good. There were some signs, but just overlooked them as I loved her. Then abuse started flying, Before I knew it, it was almost like she got comfortable slugging me, as she knew I wouldn't hit back. One time, there was a laptop cracked over my head, and ended up with a big gash. I panicked and called the cops as I was terrified.. And I'm a decent sized guy.. But she scared the **** out of me.. Anyways, cops come, and next thing I know, she's telling the cops I punched her in the stomach, which I did not do. She ended up driving herself to the hospital as she said she was having pains, she was pregnant. Ever since that day, she would say I killer her child. Completely made up, never touched her. Fast forward, more abuse, me getting locked out of the house on a regular basis, can not correct her child, I would actually get punished for it. Now I'm not saying I'm innocent, i can get loud during an argument, but I've never laid a hand on her. There were more false accusations that I abused her, but not going to get into it.

So finally I had it with living with her, and told her i was going to file a divorce. What does she do, has to beat me to the punch, and filed before I had a chance. With her divorce papers, she filed ANOTHER bogus DV case.. I'm not sure what evidence she submitted, but the judge denied it 3 times, every time she'd submit new "evidence", the judge would deny.

I also found out when i got the petition, that my name was forged on a prenup. I signed a prenup prior to marriage, i'll admit that, however the one that was submitted to the courts is falsified and forged. Even somehow got a co worker to notarize it without me being present, which i believe is crime in itself from what I've researched. She admitted today when she called that she took a copy of my DL in with her and the notary notarized it.

So I'm thinking about filing a report with the state of FL's notary department about the notary. She was begging me not to as she will lose her job. I haven't filed it yet, but seriously considering it still. My soon to be ex wife does have a child, and chances are she will lose her job. At the same time, I'm thinking nobody cared about me when false Domestic Violence accusations were filed. I just passed my Series 7 not too long ago, and could have it revoked for violent crimes.
I’m a notary. It is a crime to carry out a false notarization. You would do well to cover yourself by reporting that notary to the notary commission of your state, probably your Secretary of State. The notary should lose his/her commission.
However, you might also be able to use it as a bargaining chip to get her to admit to the court that the DV charges are all false. You can talk to a lawyer about this. Plus, if she loses her job, you might end up having to pay her support for a while. You were married for a very short time, so maybe support would not be an issue. Again, a lawyer can help you with that.

Is she still trying to use the fake prenup, or has she dropped that?

It's a lot, but looking for thoughts. My family is obviously siding with me, and i refuse to discuss it with mutual friends even though she has tried throwing me under the bus with a few.

D
Does she abuse her child?

Your situation sounds like a typical abusive relationship. It took you a while but at least you got out of it. The rule for abuse is the first time someone abuses you; the relationship has to end. If they will do it once, they will do it again and again and again.
I’m glad that you are ending this marriage. She’s clearly an abusive woman and you should not be anywhere near her. With her false claims of a lost pregnancy and DV, you should never be in any place alone with her.

Do you have a lawyer to represent you in the divorce?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Report the forgery to the office that licenses Notaries in your state.

Get a lawyer.

Do NOT interact with the she-demon you married. She's a freaking loon. ALL communication is to be with lawyer from now until the divorce is finalized. And you might want to think about a VAR and some camera's inside and outside of your house. Have the feed sent to the cloud so she cannot access and delete.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, shes leaving it in the case. Which surprises me because she will also get into trouble for forgery.

I haven't retained an attorney yet. Unfortunately not able to afford it as of yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello all.

Nope, shes leaving it in the case. Which surprises me because she will also get into trouble for forgery.

I haven't retained an attorney yet. Unfortunately not able to afford it as of yet.

I’m a notary. It is a crime to carry out a false notarization. You would do well to cover yourself by reporting that notary to the notary commission of your state, probably your Secretary of State. The notary should lose his/her commission.
However, you might also be able to use it as a bargaining chip to get her to admit to the court that the DV charges are all false. You can talk to a lawyer about this. Plus, if she loses her job, you might end up having to pay her support for a while. You were married for a very short time, so maybe support would not be an issue. Again, a lawyer can help you with that.

Is she still trying to use the fake prenup, or has she dropped that?

D
Does she abuse her child?

Your situation sounds like a typical abusive relationship. It took you a while but at least you got out of it. The rule for abuse is the first time someone abuses you; the relationship has to end. If they will do it once, they will do it again and again and again.
I’m glad that you are ending this marriage. She’s clearly an abusive woman and you should not be anywhere near her. With her false claims of a lost pregnancy and DV, you should never be in any place alone with her.

Do you have a lawyer to represent you in the divorce?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
She ended up driving herself to the hospital as she said she was having pains, she was pregnant. Ever since that day, she would say I killer her child. Completely made up, never touched her.
How far along was she in her pregnancy and did you know about it? What did she say happened at the hospital that caused her pregnancy to end?

·
Administrator
42,485 Posts

Then you have to go after the notary to prove that you did not sign the document. The notary should have a ledger in which he/she records all the notarizations that they do. Not all states require them, but most notaries use them. In the ledger a notary records the type of ID and ID number, like driver's license number and the thumb print of the person who signed the document. So it should be easy for you to prove that you did not sign that document.

By the way, your wife committed a crime by participating in the false document. It's called forgery and fraud at the very least.

·
Administrator
42,485 Posts
Something just came to mind.

If you don't have the money/assets for a lawyer, then what's the prenup about? If there are no assets then why have one?

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
So finally I had it with living with her, and told her i was going to file a divorce. What does she do, has to beat me to the punch, and filed before I had a chance. With her divorce papers, she filed ANOTHER bogus DV case. I'm not sure what evidence she submitted, but the judge denied it 3 times, every time she'd submit new "evidence", the judge would deny.
D
Was she trying to get a restraining order against you, or trying to literally get you in legal trouble for physically harming her? If it was the restraining order, it's a good sign that the judge denied it because my understanding is most courts hand them out like candy with very little evidence because they need to error on the side of caution. So if a judge wouldn't even give her a restraining order against you they must have seen through her.

Regarding the notary - I almost feel bad for that person, I'm sure your W is a manipulative psycho and gave her co-worker some line of bull as to why you were on board but couldn't be there, but what she did is illegal. There's a reason there are such stringent rules for notarizing. So things like this can't happen. But Elegirl is right - they usually take a thumbprint when you notarize something, so your wife may have had your DL info, but how could she fake your thumbprint. I would report this to the police. You might try using it as a bargaining chip, but it sounds like your W really is psycho in that she doesn't have a normal fear of getting caught if she's continuing to use this forged prenup when she knows you know it's forged.

How real does your signature look on it? What is in this prenup that wasn't in the one you did sign? Does your wife have money? The prenup is confusing if there's not a lot of money between you two.

MOST IMPORTANTLY
This woman is violent and volatile. Is her child in danger? I think you should be reporting her to CPS if there is any hint of danger to the child in your mind. Is the child school age yet? If so you might also go down to the school and just ask them to keep a close eye on the child because you're concerned. Once you are out of the picture the little one will need someone to look out for him or her.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She was roughly 7 weeks at that time. She actually told the Dr's that same thing she told the cops. And I didn't touch her whatsoever.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, she has a lot of money. It's actually her parents money that she's a power of attorney on. There was also forged documents there, but that's not my issue.

The crazy part of it all, I'm not even entitled to any of it because I believe FL law requires you to be together for 7 years for alimony or anything. I don't even want her money. However, there's a lot of debt on the prenup, which she's asking for relief on, which is why I'm trying to get the prenup tossed. I'm currently consulting with attorneys though.

I'm not even sure if it was a restraining order or DV. But I'd agree, I think the judge saw right through her. She had a DV case for assaulting me, but it was dropped because I didn't show up to court.. I know... Hindsight is 20/20. She also lost her daughter a few years back as she struck her in the face for talking back. Lost custody of her and said it was too expensive to fight for her. Yet dropped $50K on the remodeling of her kitchen.

In regards to her sons safety, I think he's the only one that's safe. He's the only one she won't yell at, and I've never witnessed her being aggressive towards him. I would actually get punished for correcting him.

I also feel bad for the notary, however, she knew she was breaking the law. I just think i'm going to have a difficult time proving unless fingerprints were taken because she did have a copy of my license. And I'm sure that all have there story together. The signatures are close, but off. I have the form to file the complaint with the state all typed up, but just can't bring myself to pull the trigger because I know she has a child to take care of, and the notary was more than likely manipulated.

·
Administrator
42,485 Posts
She was roughly 7 weeks at that time. She actually told the Dr's that same thing she told the cops. And I didn't touch her whatsoever.
So she actually had a miscarriage that day?

·
Administrator
42,485 Posts
Yes, she has a lot of money. It's actually her parents money that she's a power of attorney on. There was also forged documents there, but that's not my issue.

The crazy part of it all, I'm not even entitled to any of it because I believe FL law requires you to be together for 7 years for alimony or anything. I don't even want her money. However, there's a lot of debt on the prenup, which she's asking for relief on, which is why I'm trying to get the prenup tossed. I'm currently consulting with attorneys though.

I'm not even sure if it was a restraining order or DV. But I'd agree, I think the judge saw right through her. She had a DV case for assaulting me, but it was dropped because I didn't show up to court.. I know... Hindsight is 20/20. She also lost her daughter a few years back as she struck her in the face for talking back. Lost custody of her and said it was too expensive to fight for her. Yet dropped $50K on the remodeling of her kitchen.

In regards to her sons safety, I think he's the only one that's safe. He's the only one she won't yell at, and I've never witnessed her being aggressive towards him. I would actually get punished for correcting him.

I also feel bad for the notary, however, she knew she was breaking the law. I just think i'm going to have a difficult time proving unless fingerprints were taken because she did have a copy of my license. And I'm sure that all have there story together. The signatures are close, but off. I have the form to file the complaint with the state all typed up, but just can't bring myself to pull the trigger because I know she has a child to take care of, and the notary was more than likely manipulated.
If the notary was manipulated, I don't feel sorry for her. A notary has to not allow themselves to be manipulated. A notary is an officer of the court. Anyone who does not take it seriously should not be a notary. As is the fact in your case, a notary not following the laws can harm the person who they are committing fraud against. Does the notary feel sorry for breaking the law to help your stb-ex rip you off? I rather doubt that she does.

Ask your attorney about asking the court to have your wife pay for your legal fees since she has the money and you do not. It's not uncommon for the court to grant this sort of request.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you don’t have an attorney, get one! If you can’t afford one, find a way to get one. Her lawyer vs you is no match and it will show when this is all said and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I honestly don't know. She didn't tell me anything when she got back. She told me the hospital told her to go straight to a battered woman's shelter. Which floored me because I NEVER touched her. The next Dr's appt was a few weeks out which i attended, and that's when they said there was no heart beat. And who's arms does she run into, mine. Personally, if someone caused a miscarriage, they'd be the last person I'd run to.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts

As you are being manipulated with her child right now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree with that as well. My dilemma is that I have a heart. I grew up in a small town, and my family always had values. Like I previously said, i can get loud during an argument. But I never laid a hand on her nor would I. The only time I did is when she came after me with a knife, i grabbed her hand with the knife in it and threw her on the ground, as again, I was absolutely terrified.

I want to thank everyone for the advice so far. She's been through 2 prior divorces, so this is another day for her. But this is why i was always so nervous about marriage. But she won my heart, and now I'm the one in pain. Seems like another day for her.

I don't know why, but i still love her, and that's why I don't want anything to happen to her. But I guess it's time for me to realize she has no boundaries, a crime was committed, and should be reported. And I guess time will heal my heart.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts