Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres my situation. I have been married for 22 years now. Just this past summer my wife started acting very peculiar and started to give hints that she wasnt happy and she was going to file for a separation. It kinda hit me very hard because things were actually pretty good between us at the time. So since it was kinda very shocking to me i started to do some snooping to see why she is suddenly about to leave me. I found out that she was hooking up with an old hs friend from facebook that was moving back to the area. I was devasted and kinda really depressed. I remember speaking with my mother in law and all the woman would say was " well i guess u 2 have gone separate ways in life and she would say well its best that u 2 split up . She wanted her to go. Wow that was like zero support. My mother in law is divorced 5 times so i guess i really shoudnt have even tried to get some comfort from a person like that. Well after a few rough months i then find out that my wife told her girlfriend that she was very upset with her "old hs friend" and that if she ever seen him again she would tell him off because he told her that he wasnt into making a relationship with her anymore. So it seemed to me that she was all happy with this guy and then something happened when they got together so he let her go. The bad part is this happened right after my wife spent a nite at her moms supposably. To me it looked like they had some encounter and then he wasnt into her. Hope im wrong but it didnt look good.... My point is that now things rebounded for me and my wife. She tells me she is happy now. Yes i really wanted to save our marriage. I did alot to save it but sometimes i wonder that maybe i didnt save it...maybe by this guy leaving her she had no where else to turn except come back.Some friends told me i was crazy and some said do what u can do. Since the summer i rebounded nicely myself. Got a new job that really pays better and i am feeling blessed that i am doing better. I love the lady but the mixed emotions are still here. I feel she really betrayed me. And also i feel her family didnt care anything. Its the holidays now and if anyone has any advice on how to deal with this its appreciated. Yes i want to show everyone im doing great again and we are happy. Maybe that will show them and make a statement. Its just kinda so hard to face these people (inlaws) when u know deep down they wanted to ruin ur marriage.

·
Banned
117 Posts
I would suggest that your marriage doesn't have the strong foundations you would like to think it has. Make sure you do some work on your relationship to ensure that things such as trust and attraction continue to get stronger. You want to make sure that any external factors don't knock you off course in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.