Talk About Marriage banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
And you are coming off as though everyone should feels as you do.

Yes this is a public forum. However, on public forums it's good form to oblige when a person makes that sort of request.

Livvie asked you to stop posting to her. I suggest that you do that.

And @Livvie, if you don't want someone to reply to you, don't reply to their posts. Just report the posts that you consider offending.

~ Speaking as a moderator.
If I came across as such, again, I apologise. I was, as noted, trying to point out that there were different views and thoughts.

But as my lady wish. I will even go so far as to block the offended party such that I cannot see post by which to comment thereupon.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
He was defensive at first. lol A lot of people wig out when they think they are being tracked for something, anything or nothing.

My husband was a little unsettled when he saw my inventory of household property for insurance purposes and his business clothing was listed. He calmed down when I pointed out that just one of his suits cost more than the sofa he was sitting on.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I do this. Not details or anything but I mark in my calendar when we had sex, and the type.
I am a very type A analytical mind as well and I want to make sure I have a certain amount of sex for a number of reasons. There are times when I get so wrapped up with what I’m doing on the daily and stress that sometimes I can forget the last time I had sex, or worked out for example, so I always keep track of things that I think are important.

·
Registered
101 Posts
and there is research, though a bit spotty (300 college students), that sex 1-3 times a week is good for your immune system (covid19), no sex - not bad - but doesn't help the immune system, more than 3 times a week again not bad - but doesn't help the immune system. So maybe good to "keep on track" these days, especially if one partner doesn't "feel like it" for other reasons.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
and there is research, though a bit spotty (300 college students), that sex 1-3 times a week is good for your immune system (covid19), no sex - not bad - but doesn't help the immune system, more than 3 times a week again not bad - but doesn't help the immune system. So maybe good to "keep on track" these days, especially if one partner doesn't "feel like it" for other reasons.

I think that there is a lot of research that sex is good for you. Both physically and mentally. I compare it to working out.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
If my wife had logged our sex life the first 15 years, I would have been thrilled. It would have eliminated arguments at the MC and ST sessions over how often we had sex.

I agree! Because honestly things slip our minds! Especially if you are the lower drive person because sex is on your brain less. I honestly think everyone should log their sex lite.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
"
Holdingontoit said:
If my wife had logged our sex life the first 15 years, I would have been thrilled. It would have eliminated arguments at the MC and ST sessions over how often we had sex."

It does not have to be your wife. You too can acquire a pen and a diary. Me personally, I am glad others do it also, be it for different reasons. I also think we should do it to ensure our husbands are less prone to prostate cancer. higher than 15 times a month is when the figures for prostate cancer start to reduce. But that just like every other day. The first three years it was almost that per week. This year only Corvid 19 is helping to push figures up, especially now that this family have no TV so entertainment is activities.
We are even sleeping much better as there is no work to go to. Been 8 days today.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I tried keeping a very comprehensive hand written sex diary circa two years ago, that also saw it summarised into an Excel spreadsheet as well.

Yet I gave up after a few months as a consequence of high sexual frequency and variety, which made it an enormous chore to keep it updated.

Even now I would find it a chore to keep up, since we're still having lots of great sex together. Even through my wife having one serious medical condition followed by cancer all while dealing with a child who has a devastating mental illness.

As to reactions to it, my wife was/is fine with my doing that, and she even helped me find a wonderfully elegant diary to write in for the purpose.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I did for a couple months. We argued about how often we had sex and so I just marked a calendar with letter codes. It was kind of an AITA tracker. Was I asking that often? Was I not doing the things I should for her? I gave it up after a couple months because it was as infrequent as I thought and that wasn't the problem anyway.

·
Registered
13,696 Posts
I tried keeping a very comprehensive hand written sex diary circa two years ago, that also saw it summarised into an Excel spreadsheet as well.
And I recall you sharing the rather detailed (and impressive) summary here, you’re good.

Unrelated, I hope your ladies and yourself are doing well.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I do this. Not details or anything but I mark in my calendar when we had sex, and the type.
I am a very type A analytical mind as well and I want to make sure I have a certain amount of sex for a number of reasons. There are times when I get so wrapped up with what I’m doing on the daily and stress that sometimes I can forget the last time I had sex, or worked out for example, so I always keep track of things that I think are important.
I can relate to this. I'm a little obsessive about writing things down. I would be happy if my husband did this because it would show that he felt sex with me was important. When I was promiscuous before marriage, I used to write down details about every guy and every encounter. Little observations. I'm introverted and i notice details about everything. And I love to write so I record things. Stuff they said to me and did to me. What I was thinking. Things about their bodies. All my dirty thoughts into my diary.

Maybe it's because I'm fascinated with science (and sex) so "data" on my sex was a natural fixation for me.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
JTW, just curious -- do you STILL have those diaries? If so, you MAY want to rethink that (or make sure they are well locked away) since your H doesn't know about your past.

There is another thread on here that has EXACTLY this situation -- the H found his wife's diaries from before they were married.....

·
Registered
529 Posts
JTW, just curious -- do you STILL have those diaries? If so, you MAY want to rethink that (or make sure they are well locked away) since your H doesn't know about your past.

There is another thread on here that has EXACTLY this situation -- the H found his wife's diaries from before they were married.....
Good point. I bet that this kind of discovery is not uncommon. I don't want to go into detail but it's "double safe". I came close to getting rid of it but it's too much a part of me...

41 - 56 of 56 Posts