Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you found out your spouse was logging sexual data on their diary and could tell you everything you both did over the last three or more years, what would be your response and why?

Good
Bad
indifferent
Freaky
Other

·
Registered
505 Posts
My STBXW used to do this. She has a very analytical mind and she did it for that reason alone, or so she said. She had symbols and circles and everything mapped out based on what activity had been done.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Why do you find it strange? What comes to your mind when you find your spouse logging data.
I find it strange that you have so many friends who talk about their sex lives. Unless, you're talking about your husband or yourself. Are you?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I find it strange that you have so many friends who talk about their sex lives. Unless, you're talking about your husband or yourself. Are you?
I see. OK let me come clean. Just after we got married my husband came across an article which was about a charity raising money for helping couples who could not have babies. The idea was that if you already had babies you would pay a pound each time you had sex and then submit the money to the charity at the end of the month.

Well, we tried everything, but we just could not get pregnant for the first three years and few months. Afterwards, I got I started logging the data but we could not find the charity's details as we had not kept them. So I just carried on logging. Then after some time I stopped. Then when we discussed how we used to be 11 years before and how were were then we could not agree on the difference. So I went back to my diaries of then and checked. Then I started logging again without telling my husband. Then on Sunday he found out my pile of diaries and says he was tempted to read them and found summaries totals at end of one in 2016. Figures were different from 2007 like I had said to him.

So that is why I wanted to know if your reaction would be different or same as his.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I think people are mostly genuine, and want to be upfront with most things, and it does open communication with vigor on occasions. It shows some more than others are receptive. Nicely done BL.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
My wife does this. At least she's not the only one I guess...

I don't really think much of it. Is it a bit weird? Yeah, a little, but she has her own reasons and beyond that I don't give it much thought.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
My wife does this. At least she's not the only one I guess...

I don't really think much of it. Is it a bit weird? Yeah, a little, but she has her own reasons and beyond that I don't give it much thought.
Does she score you out of ten?😂

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I'd be put off. Just because: my sex life with a partner is a living, real life physical experience between us and to boil it down to numbers and/or logged encounters on paper changes it from something only as a real life experience only between us to a log.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd be put off. Just because: my sex life with a partner is a living, real life physical experience between us and to boil it down to numbers and/or logged encounters on paper changes it from something only as a real life experience only between us to a log.
Like I said it all started as an interest to help others after we had had the long problem. But we never paid the fee of a pound a time since we could not find the charity.

There only thing I can do from figures is to say how many times we did it as that was the only required statistic. There is no break down of constituent activities in that so all there is is a tick. But in 20016 I stopped using diaries and now use a tablet but carried on ticking on the tablet. He uses my tablet at times and had seen the markers but was no aware what they meant.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just put a pound in a jar every time you do it. Then give the money to a charity when you are ready. But If using a diary is your thing, good for you.

This reminds me of a marriage counseling cassette tape i heard when I was a teen. One of things the counselor said was, if you put a penny in a jar every time you have sex for the first two years of your marriage, then you take a penny out each time you have sex after that.; you will still have pennies left when one of you passes away. Yeah right, I don't know what planet he lives on.

From my own perspective; if I found my wife was doing this I would ask for a yearly break down and then set the goal of having my best year yet. ;)

·
Registered
447 Posts
If you found out your spouse was logging sexual data on their diary and could tell you everything you both did over the last three or more years, what would be your response and why?

Good
Bad
indifferent
Freaky
Other
Could you be a little more specific on what sexual data entails?

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
447 Posts
You do realize that significant changes in one's sex life can indicate several health issues, right?

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Does she score you out of ten?😂
Thankfully, no... :eek:

Someone JUST logging the days or how often they are having sex doesn't seem totally out there to me and wouldn't shock me. Kind of seems like important info to know or keep track of, no? Whether for health reasons or marriage reasons. Though, if you need it I guess you already know there is a problem.

On top of what my wife writes down, she updates an app every time we have sex and she's done that for years. Started when we were trying to conceive and she still does it. It does get rid of any discrepancies...

Wife: "We haven't had sex in 10 days!" Me: "We did the other day" Wife: "Hold on" then pulls out her phone and opens the damn app, "HA! See!".

1 - 20 of 56 Posts