Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds kind of strange, but I have never been interested in wearing sexy lingerie before, but have started to want to wear it now.

I don't know if this has been spurred by my husband's infidelity and our problems over the past year or so.

I have bought a few nice things and he looks away when I have them on, with no comment or anything.

I bought him some tickets to an NFL game in Seattle this coming weekend for his birthday, so we will be having a weekend away from home.

I have hinted I would like to buy some sexy slips to wear at night when we go. His answer is that's just for young, in shape hot girls.

Ok, we're both in our 50's. I am not in bad shape and excercise a lot.

I think for me, the whole past year's issues are changing the way I think, especially about myself, and that is why I'm interested in the lingerie (nothing too racy though). I want to wear this for myself, not just him, but don't want to wear it if he thinks its pathetic.

Any comments on this subject?

·
Registered
663 Posts
He shoud be thankful that you want to look hot for him (and yourself - self esteem in so important) and not act like an idiot. Plus you're buying him football tickets! The greatest sport in the world. He should cover you with a double coat of saliva for that alone.

If he doesn't like it, wear it when you choose to for a quiet night alone with your vibrator. The way it sounds, it will be a more romantic evening than with Mr Seahawks.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Uh, wtf?? What is wrong with him? A comment like that one would get my hubby a slap across the face (well, not literally, but ykwim) ESPECIALLY since he cheated on me.

What's his attitude like about other things? What is he doing to prove he's remorseful? Because if that's his attitude in general, he isn't remorseful at all. He should be willing to chop off his left ball and give it to you on a silver platter if that's what you need to get over him cheating.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, 40.

Yeah, I got some really good tickets for the game. He has never been to an NFL game before, just hockey as we live in Canada, but no hockey this year.

I'm not into football at all, but have been watching on TV lately trying to learn the game so I get more out of it when watching in person.

He loves sports, me not so much.

Just wondering if some of you over 50's out there would be kind of turned off if the wife wore a Victoria's Secret slip sometimes. Am I too old for this?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
He shoud be thankful that you want to look hot for him (and yourself - self esteem in so important) and not act like an idiot. Plus you're buying him football tickets! The greatest sport in the world. He should cover you with a double coat of saliva for that alone.

If he doesn't like it, wear it when you choose to for a quiet night alone with your vibrator. The way it sounds, it will be a more romantic evening than with Mr Seahawks.
I agree.....and wear what you want. Its not all about him....its about how you feel wearing them too! :)

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
I just had a look thru some other threads you've posted, and I am wondering why you think your husband is remorseful? It sounds to me like he treats you very badly, especially being someone who cheated. I question the R you have - I think you're rugsweeping and clinging to him because you are used to him and you can't imagine being on your own, not because he's truly remorseful.

·
Premium Member
3,948 Posts
We're both over 50 here. I still get revved up when DW wears her outfits and she knows it too. :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Sheesh. Some guys. I suspect if your H had and account on here his name would be "putsfootinmouth". Of course you can look hot in lingerie. Remember though it's about the whole package. I mean if your wearing face cream and curlers no amount of lingerie is going to be enough. Just the idea that you want to be more involved in his interests like football and by him tickets to the game is awesome. That is very thoughtful. And on top of that you hinting at a sexual adventure is really nice. Wow. You rock. Sounds to me like you're more woman than he's ready to handle.lol. :)

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
He might not be turned on by lingerie. My guy doesn't care about that stuff at. all. I think he only cares because if I'm wearing it, it usually means I'm feeling extra-flirty.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
I have hinted I would like to buy some sexy slips to wear at night when we go. His answer is that's just for young, in shape hot girls.
** Ouch **
Some men just take a little longer to " get it ."

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
I would like to meet your husband. And slap him upside his head. I wish I could tell him how much I've gone through to convince my wife to wear lingerie. She kind of thinks like him. It's only for young girls with perfect bodies. I love my wife's body. And to tell the truth, I think lingerie is especially for women with less than perfect bodies. It enhances the parts that need enhancing, and covers the parts that need covering. For the first part of your post I thought perhaps your husband was shy or something. But then he makes that comment and I can't tel whether he's an idiot or a jerk. Either way it's not good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just had a look thru some other threads you've posted, and I am wondering why you think your husband is remorseful? It sounds to me like he treats you very badly, especially being someone who cheated. I question the R you have - I think you're rugsweeping and clinging to him because you are used to him and you can't imagine being on your own, not because he's truly remorseful.
I really don't know how remorseful he is. He doesn't want to talk about the events of infidelity because he says he feels so guilty about hurting me and bad about himself.

Honestly, even though spending much time reading through threads on here, I don't really know what actions depict remorse.

He's really good with helping around home, with our grown girls, etc., but always was this way.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
remorse vs guilt

That post explains it pretty well I think

There's a link in my sig for newbies - I know you aren't a newbie but maybe take the time to have a read at it. From what you've described I really don't think your husband is doing much of what he needs to for you guys to have a successful R

·
Registered
281 Posts
Personally, I would immediately go lock all the doors and take the phone off the hook, open a bottle of whine and light the candles....for the entire weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Aww I am so sorry he said that to you. Did he ever like for you to wear lingerie? Well I say go for it girl because you don't need to stop now. Now you need to dress from head to toe. I hope you got your red pumps. Forget about that crazy mess your Hubby is talking. I say you put it on and shake what your moma gave you. If it makes you feel good go for it girl. If anything your Hubby just upset because you still got it . You dress it up for yourself and have fun. Now he just don't know about the new you. If you really want Hubby to be surprised , you take an adult movie and some whip cream with strawberries. Show him what you working with step your game up girl. You get some sexy music and dance for him to . I gotta keep it clean but you know what I mean :D. Your Hubby is acting old not you. You go and have a good time. I am wishing you luck with this issue.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thanks, 40.

Yeah, I got some really good tickets for the game. He has never been to an NFL game before, just hockey as we live in Canada, but no hockey this year.

I'm not into football at all, but have been watching on TV lately trying to learn the game so I get more out of it when watching in person.

He loves sports, me not so much.

Just wondering if some of you over 50's out there would be kind of turned off if the wife wore a Victoria's Secret slip sometimes. Am I too old for this?
I'm not in my 50s yet, but close enough to voice an opinion. Turned off by my wife? No way in hell under any circumstances, especially wearing lingerie. I encourage her to buy more revealing clothing to wear every day and bedroom stuff has no boundaries.

You are only as old as you make yourself feel. I'm in the best shape of my life so I'm proud of my age.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.