Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyones spouses agreed to take a lie detector test to prove they were finally telling you the truth? From the wronged spouse point of view - would you do that for your broken partner?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The reason why I'm asking is now I doubt if it was the first and only time. Would you do the test for your partner to prove it?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
The reason why I'm asking is now I doubt if it was the first and only time. Would you do the test for your partner to prove it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes.

Anyone who refuses should be suspect.

Also, Shirley Glass advised putting away money for a detective fund, for the times when the Betrayed spouse is suspicious and needs to check to ensure the cheater is not still cheating.

Why would anyone who was no longer cheating object to this.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I never asked. I have heard that they can be very unreliable. I have a feeling a lot of BSs throw out the lie dectector test to get a reaction. I had the reaction I needed just by asking question. I did not listen to his words as much as watched his body language. I still think he did not reveal everything and probably never will, but I have accepted mentally that those things probably did happen.

I would say if I was a WS I would, but then again that is coming from someone who has nothing to hide.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yes.

Anyone who refuses should be suspect.

Also, Shirley Glass advised putting away money for a detective fund, for the times when the Betrayed spouse is suspicious and needs to check to ensure the cheater is not still cheating.

Why would anyone who was no longer cheating object to this.
I agree....also just because you ask doesn't mean you have to do it. The reaction is sometimes all thats needed.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just wondering if anyones spouses agreed to take a lie detector test to prove they were finally telling you the truth? From the wronged spouse point of view - would you do that for your broken partner?
Posted via Mobile Device
No way in hell. If there is enough "lack of trust" to ask for it, then you wouldn't believe the detector anyway. I would divorce first.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree....also just because you ask doesn't mean you have to do it. The reaction is sometimes all thats needed.

Posted via Mobile Device
I used it as a ploy to get more of the trickle truth out of my WW. I was never intent on forking out 500 bucks because she couldn't keep her legs closed, but I'm one of those people that needs the full truth to heal and move on either way.

I did get her to move off from it being a one night stand to a full blown affair for 2 months. I'm still not convinced its the full truth, but its been the basis for future conversations, and some more trickle truth.

I reached my limit and got the picture I needed without having to use the test, but instead only using it as a ploy. If i was going to save my marriage I'd make her take it.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Posted via Mobile Device
It's not as though you can go into a local 7-Eleven and order a polygraph.

I tried several times to find a place close to where I live and found nothing. It seems as though unless I lived close to the one company in Texas that seemed to offer them to the public - I had no options.

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
It's not as though you can go into a local 7-Eleven and order a polygraph.

I tried several times to find a place close to where I live and found nothing. It seems as though unless I lived close to the one company in Texas that seemed to offer them to the public - I had no options.
Do an internet search.

This guys are everywhere. Infidelity polygraphing is a thriving business.

They typically cost between 200 and 500.

Some will negotiate on price.

Research the appropriate questions to ask and how to ask them.

The questions and the way they are posed are critical to accuracy.

Yes and no questions that pertain to concrete impersonal fact work the best.

Those that ask about feelings often give vague equivocal results.

For example: Do you love her: This might not come up accurate because the man may have loved the affair partner while he was boffing her, but thought little of her elsewhere.

Also, any fleeting feeling of love that arose would make the cheater nervous when asked this question even though he does not really love the Sleazy OW.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.