Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the economy and a lot of jobs getting shipped overseas. I may have to change careers. My current career is computer graphics (photos, magazines, catalogs, web sites), photography, and desktop publishing (I can type like a mutherfkucer!)

What I have been doing in the meantime is taking photographs of all of my nice designer crap I bought when I had money, doctoring the pics on Photoshop and have a store on Ebay. LABELS SELL BABY. But eventually I am gonna run out of stuff to sell.

So if I have to change my career, what do you guys think I would be good at?

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Zombie movies.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
1,999 Posts
None of us know you except for what you post on here.

When I decided to return to college, I thought about what current work experience I have that would transfer into a new career.

Since I have worked on the phone in customer service for years, I thought that Medical Administration would be an excellent career. I made sure that I researched this career and even spoke to people that were employed in the field.

So take your current skills and experience and see how you could use them in another career. Maybe taking some career personality tests would help as well.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Gaia, I told my H the other night that I would LOVE to get a job on the set of The Walking Dead as a zombie make up artist! I would be busy!

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
You should go for it then!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None of us know you except for what you post on here.

When I decided to return to college, I thought about what current work experience I have that would transfer into a new career.

Since I have worked on the phone in customer service for years, I thought that Medical Administration would be an excellent career. I made sure that I researched this career and even spoke to people that were employed in the field.

So take your current skills and experience and see how you could use them in another career. Maybe taking some career personality tests would help as well.
That is very kind and stable advice FYD, thank you. I have been a computer graphic artist/desktop publisher for 25 years, even got my degree. I love computer art and creating catalogs and magazines. The corporations sent most of the art jobs via. internet to India and China. Then I got laid off. boo hoo for me.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should go for it then!
Posted via Mobile Device
I am NOT good with my hands (haha poor hubby). I rock at computer graphics. If I do a graphic by hand, I get mad when I don't have an "undo" button.

When I went to get my degree recently, I aced every class and the teachers used MY artwork for other classes as an example of what the assignments should look like. (not bragging. It meant that I had more experience than the teachers). I have been in contact with my school to see what it would take for me to be a teacher. I may have to get another degree.

Reactions: humanbecoming

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you could get a job frightening the children
Dolly, that is saved for Halloween. I make my house and myself so scary, most children cry and send their parents up to me to get candy while they wait on the sidewalk.

Here is the music you would hear BLASTING as I danced in a white horribly bloodied dress in front of a strobe light and a fog machine:

SERIOUSLY, THESE ARE THE ACTUAL SONGS I PLAY LOUD DURING MY THEATRICS TO MAKE CHILDREN CRY:

Cradle Of Filth - Heaven Torn Asunder - YouTube

# 2 Diary Of A Dope Fiend - Marilyn Manson [HQ] (Lyrics) - YouTube

Blut Aus Nord - Procession of the Dead Clowns - YouTube

My favorite thing to do was to put together the music for my little show.

Reactions: Lordhavok

·
Registered
388 Posts
Since you are very creative with computers, would you like creating ICT curriculum for schools? Its very hot now with the smart board teaching and all.

School and education career never dies, Oh how about becoming a IT teacher? Its recession proof job.

Sorry I am a teacher and I can only think of within this hehe

Reactions: In_The_Wind

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
How about an archivist at the Rock n' Roll Hall of fame?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am such a metal purist F-102, I would be throwing people OUT of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Seriously, I think I would enjoy something like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.