1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I just said in another thread....and I'll quote it now:

Funny because I'm the same.
If there's anything I quickly get bored of ....are clothes!! :lol:

But what's funnier is that me an my girlfriends don't usually talk about clothes...actually..almost never!

What we mostly talk about ...are men! :smthumbup:

Especially, one of my gfs who is married can't help but talk about crushes she meets daily. Yes...she talks about her crushes. I'm the only single in the group, yet I don't talk about my crushes as much as they do.

Sure, we do talk about other stuff but men and sex are our favorite topics. :rolleyes:

What about yours?
Are there things your husband/partner doesn't need to know about the talks between you and the girls? Do you have exclusive talk with them?

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
HA! I am glad you started this! I didn't want to threadjack!

Um...we talk about Life, marriage, silly things, kids, bummers, books, situations, uh...I dunno. Sometimes we don't talk at all.

I love my girlfriends. :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Same as That_girl's really.
It's funny we don't talk about shoes and clothes, but we do go shopping for them occasionally lol.

I don't think there is anything my H couldn't hear, but some conversations are best left out of mixed company.

Sometimes you just want girl talk even if it's about nothing important

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What bothers me sometimes is when one of my gfs will tell her H everything that was said at the table between us.
That girl can't really keep her mouth shut. I think girlfriends need some privacy as long as it's not harmful for the marriage/relationship.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
What bothers me sometimes is when one of my gfs will tell her H everything that was said at the table between us.
That girl can't really keep her mouth shut. I think girlfriends need some privacy as long as it's not harmful for the marriage/relationship.
I can totally keep my mouth shut. :mad:

:rofl:

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:) I have several "groups" of friends so it kind of depends!

My sister and I talk about EVERYTHING. From anorgasmia to coelacanths, we've talked about it all. Mostly these days we talk about our lives as we are miles apart.

One of my circles is intensely political and academic, so we talk about politics and academia. Always fun and always enlightening.

I have a group of friends who LOVES electronic music and much of their lives revolve around it in some way be it club promoting, dj-ing/producing etc so we talk alot about what is the new new, who is coming into town and HAVE YOU HEARD THIS ONE YET?

I also have a bunch of nerdy-ass nerd friends who watch anime, collect manga, follow internet memes and play WOW. You can imagine those conversations as well.

Then I have my mom-friends. We mostly talk about our kids.

And my work friends. We talk about work.

I don't really have a circle of friends where we just talk about men and sex really, but out of all of those groups I feel comfortable with one or two to get problems off my chest with.
Well said. I can talk about everything but with different people.
In my first post I was referring to my close girlfriends.
But with other gfs I talk more about general stuff. For example there's this girl at my work with whom I talk about books/recent invents in the world. It's our main discussion and frankly I like it that way. You can't talk about everything with everyone.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's one of the reasons I don't talk about specific issues or bad mouth my H to anyone.

I think we all have a gf that can't hold water. Lol

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Are there things your husband/partner doesn't need to know about the talks between you and the girls? Do you have exclusive talk with them?
There is absolutely nothing I talk to with my GF's that I would intentionally "hide" "not disclose" "keep silently a secret" to my husband... not that he would care a Rat's butt to hear our conversations (he wouldn't & I wouldn't burden him with the boring details either)... But there is no exclusivity there.

Most of the women I know talk about kids all day (My Mops group)... I have more than any of them and honestly, it gets a little boring... I shake the place up when I bring SEX UP ... gets them all laughing. I've kinda got a reputation there in the last few yrs.

Some go on about cooking... for me it's more of a chore.. or shopping... Not so much my thing... rather do it online.... or Crafts (also not my thing)...

For the few that make snide remarks about their husbands only wanting one thing.... I tend to jump in there & have a few words about that.

I am curious how you know this ?? Have you asked her not too.

This is how I am... if a friends asks me this.. I can do this, but if not, I surely may confide in my husband... as we pretty much share our days and conversations with each other... he tells me the stuff the guys say at work also. our rule is this... it NEVER goes beyond the 2 of us... we are both 100% trustworthy, all of my GF's love my husband and wouldn't care that I do this.

One calls me constantly about her BF troubles, she's even asked me to ask my husbands opinion, she wanted a guys! That's just how we are.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all sorts of stuff
very rarely intimate sexual stuff, I just save that for my TAM buddies
Can you believe that TAM knows all/ if not most of my intimate life?
Although me and my gfs talk about sexual stuff, usually I'm the only one who doesn't talk about my own sexual stuff.
They have no problem sharing their details about their intimate life.. I just find it a bit hard to talk to them fact to face about my details.

But funny how I have no problem talking about everything here on TAM. Here I can admit anything I can hardly admit in front of my girls.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Can you believe that TAM knows all/ if not most of my intimate life?
Although me and my gfs talk about sexual stuff, usually I'm the only one who doesn't talk about my own sexual stuff.
They have no problem sharing their details about their intimate life.. I just find it a bit hard to talk to them fact to face about my details.

But funny how I have no problem talking about everything here on TAM. Here I can admit anything I can hardly admit in front of my girls.
Ha ha I'm the same way, but for a certain group of friends it's because the can be uptight about that stuff.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
We talk all sorts of things. If my husband tells me something is off limits, it's off limits and I don't bring it up. I also as a rule don't bring up marital problems or issues to them. I don't hide anything they say from my husband. A lot of the time, he does not want to know what they say. Like this one time, a good friend of mine got a bladder sling put in because she peed every time she sneezed or laughed. So I told him she had this procedure so that sex could be better and she wouldn't pee when she didn't mean to, he gave me a look and said he wished I hadn't told him about it. :rofl:

I have one group of friends with whom I talk books, films made from books, academic topics, current events/politics, job matters and office politics. We're in the same field so we tend to talk shop when we get together.

I have another group that are moms so we talk mom stuff, extracurricular activities, school/Parent Teacher Association stuff, fundraising for school, kid problems, kids' health, etc.

I have girlfriends from LONG time ago who knew me before I got married and I mostly catch up with them to find out what's the latest in their lives.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Just about everything I suppose. But that's what I talk about with my guy friends, too. I don't actually get together with women friends very often but having lunch with one tomorrow, so I'll find out what it is I talk about when I talk with my women friends (or at least this specific one.)

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am curious how you know this ?? Have you asked her not too.
She told me herself. She begins to talk how she and her husband discussed what we discussed during our coffee so that she could have his opinion.
Why would he care about our ex-boyfriends? Why would he care how we felt with those guys.

To me it's irrelevant. She's typically the girl that likes to open up to almost everyone and can't keep a secret.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
The conversations vary depending on what's happening in their lives, and perhaps what we have in common. I met with a friend last weekend. She shared with me her travels to Spain, her medical stuff that's going on and how she's mentally processing that, her fall-out with her mother, her attitude towards life and growth. I shared with her about MIL'a visit and how we handled that, how we are stronger now as a couple through changes we have made, what I've learned about myself and attitude to life...these overlap in realizing our experiences are similar.

The night before seeing that friend, we went out with a couple. Her and I talked about fitness and work and music. She shared memories of her upbringing in Europe. When we went to the bathroom at the same time, she asked how hubs and I were these days. I told her we were really good. She commented that as they were approaching us, she saw we were having a sweet moment together and she's happy for us. Her and I don't meet up often without our husbands, but we seem to always have this little "check-in" moment. When I see my friends, I often bring them flowers. Last time I took her flowers, she mentioned in our alone moment how she wished her husband would bring her flowers. She's expressed to him that she'd love that but he just doesn't. She asserts it's not an issue and she loves him to bits, but she does wish he'd bring her flowers.

There's only a few friends I catch up with alone. Most have men in their lives and expanded to the four of us meeting as couples, or they are wives/girlfriends of guys that hubs has befriended and similarly, we meet up as couples.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: lovelygirl

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I'm not much into girly chats (clothes, soaps, boyfriends etc), even though I like it in small doses. I tend to have female friends with whom I can share similar topics to those I discuss with my partner.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.