Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not how often are you willing to have sex if he initiates, or because you planned it.

How often do you actually crave sex, for your own sake and satisfaction?

I really think it could help a lot of guys on here understand, from the female perspective, how often some of the women out here actually want sex for sex sake.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
When we're on vacation and do it every day or twice a day, that's about right. I can't get into it that often at home, but about every second day would probably be right. On weekends I like it twice a day both days to make up for all week when I usually don't get any. I usually only get it once a day on weekends though, which leaves me wanting it all week again.

It isn't just sex or an orgasm I want, though. It's my husband. If I don't get to have him, I wait, rather than use a vibrator or something. Usually.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It depends on my mood and if my partner puts me in the mood. Generally 2-4 times a week depending on my schedule on my own....but if my partner starts kissing and pytting the moves on me I rarely say no.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
' It isn't just sex or an orgasm I want, though. It's my husband. If I don't get to have him, I wait, rather than use a vibrator or something. Usually.'
Same here hope. It's the closeness to my H that I like'
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
404 Posts
I don't crave sex at all right now for my "own sake and satisfaction." Honestly, my sex drive is so dead at this point in time that I don't think I'd miss sex if I never had it again. For me, I think this is due to a combination of factors--taking a low-dose antidepressant, breastfeeding, homeschooling, and caring for four young children day in and day out while I work part-time from home. At this point in my life I am so tired/overwhelmed that I would rather do my hair (for once during the week) or recharge by myself rather than have sex.

However, I'm not happy about my lack of drive, and I know it's a problem. I think (hope) that if I COULD get some time to myself I would feel more sexy. But it's hard to think about sex (for me at least) when I'm in survival mode all the time. And there's my brutally honest answer.

·
Banned
2,120 Posts
I don't crave sex at all right now for my "own sake and satisfaction." Honestly, my sex drive is so dead at this point in time that I don't think I'd miss sex if I never had it again. For me, I think this is due to a combination of factors--taking a low-dose antidepressant, breastfeeding, homeschooling, and caring for four young children day in and day out while I work part-time from home. At this point in my life I am so tired/overwhelmed that I would rather do my hair (for once during the week) or recharge by myself rather than have sex.

However, I'm not happy about my lack of drive, and I know it's a problem. I think (hope) that if I COULD get some time to myself I would feel more sexy. But it's hard to think about sex (for me at least) when I'm in survival mode all the time. And there's my brutally honest answer.
Gee sounds like my wife minus the young kids

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
That doesn't answer the question. This isn't a thread about what men need to "get". It's a simple question about frequency of desire.

Care to actually offer some specifics related to the topic at hand?
It's perfectly reasonable to answer your question with 'it depends'. Things change, lots of women's desire fluctuates depending on where they are in their cycle.

For me, I can't say, yes, once per day/week/month or whatever. It's not regular like that.

If I had to put a number on how many times I felt spntaneous desire in the absence of my husband dong something to elicit it, I would say two/three times a week, more often around ovulation.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I WANT sex every single day. Haven't had it in a few months, though. The sex we do have is pretty bad so I have become accustomed to taking care of myself.

Now CRAVE, as in I really NEED it, that would be about 3 times per week.

Personally, I really enjoy sex during my period, hubby refuses though.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
WANT it a minimum of 3 times a week. I GET it once a week... the last couple weeks it hasn't been even that frequent though. :(
But that is because of his back. His doctor finally ordered physical therapy... he feels better during and for an hour or two after, but then it starts hurting BAD again.

Oh, and IDK if I'm weird or what, but I want it right after my period. I always want it the day before I start (tho I don't always know I will be starting the next day lol. And ALWAYS the day after. I hope he's up to it in a couple days.... ;)

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Right now at this point in my life I think about sex a lot and would be happy having it daily.

The reality is I am having it a lot less, only on the days I am with my SO but at those times we can do it 2 or 3 times. We do engage in phone sex and mutual masturbation though which is enjoyable.

When I have my period then I do what I can for him if it is the first couple of days, I crave him and like giving him BJ's :) In the last part of my period we have sex.

In my marriage to a LD man I had sex rarely and I'm not talking once a month, it was far less than that. I had to turn my sex drive off to survive, it killed our marriage.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.