Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this work instead of 180? Just to distance yourself and be still feel like you are a good person trying to be civil? I work with closely and and raising kids with my STBXH. So, we have to talk and keep things very friendly, even though he cheated and has moved the OW one mile from where I live now.

I'm thinking when things go sour with her, he will be able to reflect on what a sweet person (me) that he threw away.

That way, when he finally begs to come back, I can sweetly say "no thanks" and kick him when he is down! :)

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
You can try, but "faking" being nice when you are really hurting inside will kill you slowly.

Why not just be very business and matter of fact like and only deal with him with matters of your son? You can be civil and polite without being mean and without getting "too friendly".

·
Registered
810 Posts
Would this work instead of 180? Just to distance yourself and be still feel like you are a good person trying to be civil? I work with closely and and raising kids with my STBXH. So, we have to talk and keep things very friendly, even though he cheated and has moved the OW one mile from where I live now.

I'm thinking when things go sour with her, he will be able to reflect on what a sweet person (me) that he threw away.

That way, when he finally begs to come back, I can sweetly say "no thanks" and kick him when he is down! :)
You should not be doing anything In anticipation of will or will not happen with him in the future.

Do whats best for you and your future. Anything else will keep you from what you need to do--heal and move on.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
The killing with kindness strategy sort of misses one of the benefits of the 180-working on your growth and development.

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
"The 180" will serve you far better. " Killing them with kindness" is just some kind of a false mantra used to help with the perpetration of "game-playing."

You do not need to play games at this juncture. You should be doing "the 180" to solely work on improving yourself!

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I tried that initially. He only treated me like a bigger doormat than I already was. And, it took away my dignity and last shred of self-esteem I had.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have to agree with all of the above. What if he doesn't come begging for you back?

The 180 seems to be a good course of action for most people, and in my mind, the most important part is working on yourself.

This process of separation and rejection is soul-destroying. The person that you loved and trusted most in the world has said they no longer want you. That has taken a lot out of me, as I suspect it would of most people.

There is probably a lot that needs to rebuilt in most people going through this process, and waiting to hurt someone to get back at them for hurting you won't help anything in the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.