Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in a good relationship for 18 years now, married 8 of them. We have never cheating, broken up, or gotten abusive however I have a problem that is just eating away at me and I wanted to see if anyone else thought this should be addressed.

As I said I have been with my husband a long time and we get along fine. However what has been happening is he is less and less affectionate. I am the type that would do "something" every day and he does maybe once a month. I also was put into a uncomfortable situation where another guy tried to kiss me recently and I avoided it by turning my head. Everyone else who heard the story said that their husband would have been furious! Well my husband laughed, didnt act mad or even irritated.

I have to say this is starting to really effect me. I feel like garbage and really want someone to care. I feel like hey I will just get it somewhere else! But I really just want him to change.

What is anyones opinion?

Thanks so much....

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
First just because your husband wasn't furious don't take it wrong. Most women would complain if their husband was the jealous, verbally abusive type.

Second your problem is simple. With everything that is great you lack the cornerstone of communication. You need to have a heat to heart with your husband and tell him what your needs are and ask how he feels about you. When he say he loves you, tell him it is important for you to hear it everyday.

draconis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.