Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading this forum for only a few weeks, and I've learned more HERE than from another other relationship site in the past 11 months!

I was not married to my exb/f. We lived together for 4 years. I had a child from a previous marriage and he had a child as well. I THOUGHT our r/s was pretty good. Did we have some problems? Of course.

But the day he told me he had been having an EA for about a month AND that he wanted me to leave so he could persue 'it' was the most painful experience I ever felt in my 55 years.

The good news is that much of what he told me I already knew was b.s. The "I love you but I'm not IN LOVE with you "( when he TOLD me he was "in love" with me only a few weeks earlier...), the "It just happened" (yeah, riiiiiight. NOOOOT!), and so many other things he said that I know is complete and utter b.s.

I also didn't accept ANY blame for his choice, and I TOLD him as much.

I'm also convinced it was the ego stroking that he craved. Ironically, I DID pay him many compliments, even as recently as the day before he dropped his 'bomb'. But as I've been thinking, I realized just recently that he NEVER REALLY PAID ME ANY COMPLIMENTS! Howz zat fer lopsided?

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this site! I always feel better after coming here!

Thanks a million...

Vega

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
he NEVER REALLY PAID ME ANY COMPLIMENTS! Howz zat fer lopsided?
I think that happens a lot. Some cheaters just need more and more and more attention/narcissistic supply and give very little compliments/words of appreciation in return.

Sorry for what happened to you but I'm glad you got what you needed from this site. :)

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Though you've been here for awhile,welcome Vega.:) Glad to see you've benefited from the many insightful posters here and hope you continue to keep posting as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.