Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got married in January this year, and we've had issues since. We had a year to know each other, and the same issues kept propping up. That I was insecure about her friends... her ex. Her ex who is now married, keeps calling upto 2-3 times a day. Her other guy friends, call upto 7-10 times a day. I have made it clear to her that I have no problem with her interacting with her friends, as long as I am around. And even if she does call them, its cool. But not every hour.

Even on our honeymoon, she felt lonely and felt the need to make long international calls, telling her friends to feel free and call. Ever since we got back, we argue about the same thing, her friends. She doesn't want to get involved in her family business, but wants to travel upto an hour and a half to learn how to paint from her friends' mother.. who happens to be another pain in the rear, calling upto 4-5 times a day, touching her at every pretext.

And now she says its my attitude's that's a problem, that I think low of everyone, and that's not right. I get insulted by her; she says she doesn't love me; and that this was it.

I need to get out of this. I love her a lot, she is perfect, but this is one thing that has become a sour point in our relationship and I do not know what to do.

Please let me know. I really want this marriage to work. Please.

·
Registered
94 Posts
We got married in January this year, and we've had issues since. We had a year to know each other, and the same issues kept propping up. That I was insecure about her friends... her ex. Her ex who is now married, keeps calling upto 2-3 times a day. Her other guy friends, call upto 7-10 times a day. I have made it clear to her that I have no problem with her interacting with her friends, as long as I am around. And even if she does call them, its cool. But not every hour.

Even on our honeymoon, she felt lonely and felt the need to make long international calls, telling her friends to feel free and call. Ever since we got back, we argue about the same thing, her friends. She doesn't want to get involved in her family business, but wants to travel upto an hour and a half to learn how to paint from her friends' mother.. who happens to be another pain in the rear, calling upto 4-5 times a day, touching her at every pretext.

And now she says its my attitude's that's a problem, that I think low of everyone, and that's not right. I get insulted by her; she says she doesn't love me; and that this was it.

I need to get out of this. I love her a lot, she is perfect, but this is one thing that has become a sour point in our relationship and I do not know what to do.

I think that you are at the point in the relationship cycle where problems generally start to creep in. Mort Fertel (from the Marriage Fitness program) describes the natural relationship cycle really well:

http://www.marriagemax.com/marriage-advice-g.asp
("HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU MARRIED THE RIGHT PERSON?" text removed for copyright reasons)

This was a life changer for me. Learning the things MF taught me really brought about change in my situation. I believe that love is not just a feeling, it is also a decision.

·
Premium Member
12,751 Posts
Independently from her friends, how does she treat you?

Does she seem in love with you? Does she frequently have sex with you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.