Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And its already recieved 2 texts and 7 calls... Damn... Having a recycled number sucks...
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: 2ntnuf

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
I know I hate that. I set up a contact for these bogus calls I get repeatedly and I gave them a 'silent' ring tone. I've got bill collectors looking for a couple of people that aren't me. LOL

Sure wish I had the ability to block numbers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Same deal, spam texts and overdue account collections and all that stuff. I ignored it at first and now I just answer and tell them that the number doesn't belong to that person any more, so it has tapered off somewhat.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Yea, but it sucks when you say "that person doesn't have this number anymore"...and they think you're LYING!! UGH!

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
Yea, but it sucks when you say "that person doesn't have this number anymore"...and they think you're LYING!! UGH!
On my home phone I keep getting calls from junk debt bill collectors while I'm at work, now I get home and there are three messages every day on my voicemail. It's been going on 7 or 8 months, they leave messages for someone with a name that sounds almost the same as mine, same surname except with my middle name as the first name and the initial of my middle name as the middle initial... I normally go by my middle name, so it could be me, except it won't be for any important kind of bill because I always use my official first name on anything that would require credit info. I suspect it's a mistaken identity, but when I call back to clarify I only ever get an answering machine and I refuse to leave them any more of my personal information, don't even tell them my actual name and would certainly not provide my address. Oh well they can keep leaving messages I guess.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lmao im just not gonna bother answering. I have one text thats basically a god bless you and your day, another that just says this. " hey sexy!"
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
When they call you Gaia speak with them about the Lord. Ask them if Jesus is the main part of their life. Lay it on thick. They won't be able to hang up fast enough.

Reactions: Dollystanford

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I've had my phone for 6 years now and STILL get calls for some dude named Kevin.

Then they ask if i'm SURE I'm not Kevin. The eff? GTFO!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I've had my phone for 6 years now and STILL get calls for some dude named Kevin.

Then they ask if i'm SURE I'm not Kevin. The eff? GTFO!
I love that crap. People call you and ask "who is this?'. Who are you Mother effer...you called me!

Reactions: that_girl

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
The first month, this chick called and was SUCH a betch!!

"Who is this? Why you answerin mah man's phone!? WTF! IMA BEAT YO ASS!"

:rofl: I said, "Well, he isn't much of YOUR MAN since he got a new phone and didn't give you the new number." *click*

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Mrs gut a wrong number text last night, the guy texting thought he was texting Ryan...
Poor guy... For a while he thought Ryan just found out his girl was pregnant by mike, and was just playing her until he decided to expose....

Yeah...I'm twisted...

:D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I get phone calls asking for "Letishia" or "Niasha"... I've had my number for over 15 years.

Usually I just ignore the wrong # calls. When/if I do answer, & they ask for one of them.. I say "Sorry, Letisha gave you a wrong number. Tell her next time you see her to stop giving out my number!"

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
Google voice will transcribe incoming voicemail to series of SMS messages. Getting a wrong number is hilarious. I get 10 or more texts in a row from I don't know who gabbling on about god knows what.

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
Or the people who read the number back to me they think they dialed....they clearly didn't dial that number or, if they did, they'll never reach the person they want to anyhow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When they call you Gaia speak with them about the Lord. Ask them if Jesus is the main part of their life. Lay it on thick. They won't be able to hang up fast enough.

Ha! I like this! I'll use this idea from now on.... Thx!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I got a wrong text once...

Texter: "I can't wait to see you....blah blah sexy blah blah ... wet blah blah..."

Me: "Sorry. Wrong number. But thanks for the laugh."

Texter: My bad.

lololol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have the self control.... Someone sends me a wrong # text, I'm gonna drag it out as long as I can, and see how outrageous I can get it before they catch on.

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
I don't care if you're the Messiah, I give you 3 seconds to start talking or I'm hanging up. So I almost never hear who misdials me on the other end since most people are stunned for a few seconds when THEY reach the wrong person.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.