Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Such a horrible thing. When I first heard of it, the thought of infidelity popped into my head. Most likely, we'll never know. One news item I read was interesting though, his girlfriend evidently went out Friday night to a concert with some girlfriends.

Apparently, he didn't want her to go. Who knows what the problems were, maybe he was just unstable or possibly affected by concussions.

But everytime I hear about these type of situations, I wonder if infidelity is behind it. Just and incredibly sad situation regardless.

·
Registered
689 Posts
You have issues... if you decide to murder the mother of your newborn, just because of her hanging out late. I'm under the impression that they had issues prior to this spat. I don't care how upset i am, i'm not throwing away a lifetime a fortune, over a few minutes of foolishness.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
I certainly don't think 'roid rage had anything to do with it....cough, cough.

It is truly sad when this kind of stuff happens. I mean, it's one thing to get PO'd about something your SO does, but to take a life and then your own. There's GOT to be more to this stuff. Huge underlying issues.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
You have issues... if you decide to murder the mother of your newborn, just because of her hanging out late. I'm under the impression that they had issues prior to this spat. I don't care how upset i am, i'm not throwing away a lifetime a fortune, over a few minutes of foolishness.
:iagree:

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
17,074 Posts
There are over 150 million females in the United States and the billions residing elsewhere are only a plane ticket away. I don't see blowing my brains out or going to prison for life for any one of them.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I imagine it might be a sinking depression.

He was probably worried that she was cheating. Football players keep terribly schedules. So imagine being away from home over half the week, if not more for a good portion of the year. That would drive any man crazy.

He could've been questioning the paternity of his child. I could see how it would push a man to do something that could ultimatley take his life. Whether that be shooting yourself, or drowning it in alcohol, or some other way, who knows...

Anyone know how many games the Chiefs won? I watched the first couple, and stopped. It was depressing. So factor that in, a losing season...
Anyone know how the Chiefs did last season? Pretty much the same as this season.
And the season before that.

And the Chief's fans have no problem voicing their disproval of their team. Cheering when our QB was injured. Chanting to bench Cassel before that, and fire our head coach.
I know it was directed at only a few people on the team, but I imagine that still starts to eat at you. Wondering "Will they ever chant my name in hate?"

And in a moment of rage, doing something you will forever regret.

But who knows why he actually did it.
All we can do is offer our sympathy.

(and BTW, from KS, so might be why I am a bit more sympathetic here...)

·
Registered
932 Posts
How damaged are you to think infidelity in light of this horrible event.

They had a 3 month old at home.....

And any woman who has been abused and beaten must be because they are cheating?????:mad::mad:
I am not saying that!

I am just saying, I imagine he was probably experiencing extreme depression.

Like I said. Everything I said above may be untrue (except for a few exceptions, like their losing streak and the fans chanting to bench Cassel)
I am simply making inferences off what I know, and think could be possible reasons.

As for how damaged I am, look at my profile pic. The rope is about to snap. It is pulled, stressed, tied, tired, and ready to break completely.
About that damaged.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
How damaged are you to think infidelity in light of this horrible event.

They had a 3 month old at home.....

And any woman who has been abused and beaten must be because they are cheating?????:mad::mad:

Come on, be realistic. People do kill people over infidelity. Women have killed men. Nobody on this thread said ALL abused women are cheating. Whatever their problems, there is obviously never a justification to do what he did.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Here's anotherone that happened just this week in New York City:

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- There were hints of trouble in the marriage of Gregory and Jodi Surinaga -- but none of the couple's neighbors imagined the "nicest guy on the world" could bludgeon his wife to death with a baseball bat over an infidelity, while their children were home.

But that's what police say happened early Sunday morning.

Surinaga, 45, of Castleton Corners, told police he flew into a rage and killed his wife of 20 years, Jodi, 42, after discovering she had cheated on him, a law-enforcement source said.

Surinaga first attempted to choke her and then hit her with a bat, causing the fatal injuries, the source said.

·
Banned
523 Posts
Such a horrible thing. When I first heard of it, the thought of infidelity popped into my head. Most likely, we'll never know. One news item I read was interesting though, his girlfriend evidently went out Friday night to a concert with some girlfriends.

Apparently, he didn't want her to go. Who knows what the problems were, maybe he was just unstable or possibly affected by concussions.

But everytime I hear about these type of situations, I wonder if infidelity is behind it. Just and incredibly sad situation regardless.
The guy looks like he was doing 'roids or other performance enhancing drugs. Most of these cause emotional lability of some sort, 'roids do cause 'roid rage.

'Roid rage and infidelity are a lethal combination.

Learning of an affair creates plenty of rage, and that is normal.

Crimes of passion are sad but real.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
I have been a sports editor for around 16 years. Google Donnie Moore. That was tragic. I shook his hand when he played for Atlanta back when you could interact with players.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.