Talk About Marriage banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Yes. I guess I've never thought about that because most of the time I just take it as he's joking. We did talk for a long time last night though. The scolding wasn't forever. He's upset that we are in this situation. He's afraid that he's going to lose his friends for standing by his wife. He said that I'm not in the wrong and that he sees where I'm coming from. I keep telling him to just let it blow over.
I'd rather loose someone I thought was a friend, than to loose the respect of my wife by not standing up for her.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I am patiently waiting for that day. We did meet a very nice christian couple that lives two houses down from us and they seem to have their crap together pretty well.

I want to let it go and move on from it but he's still pretty upset over it. He's also sick. I think he has covid. I told him to just let it blow over which he should have done in the first place but now I think he's on damage control and doesn't want to admit that he caused the damage. He should have just told the guys that I was having a bad day instead of calling me and yelling at me for leaving the chat.
He's 35 and I'm told by not only him but everybody around that I am his first actual real relationship outside of the mother of his child which ended 10 years ago and they were together in their late teens, early 20s and from my understanding - it was a horrible relationship. He doesn't think that I'm trying to isolate him from his friends though. The only time that he brings that up is when I get mad at him for ditching plans that we already have and then going and doing something with them. Or telling me that he will be home at 7 for dinner and then not making it home until midnight.
WTH....He better be working OT.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I think that's why he's so angry. Because the guys started talking crap and he stuck up for me so he's upset with the guys. This is what I got out of last nights convo.
If he is getting dumped on by his "friends" of sticking up for his wife, perhaps he needs to re-evaluate those friends. You on the other hand need to show your appreciation for his loyalty.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
If he is getting dumped on by his "friends" of sticking up for his wife, perhaps he needs to re-evaluate those friends. You on the other hand need to show your appreciation for his loyalty.
Did you read any of my posts from prior to this? I didn't know any of this until last night. As I stated, I left the chat. He yelled at me and then all I knew was that he said it turned in to a **** show. I told him last night I by no means want him to end any friendships. Not even with the guy that did it, that I just needed a moment to breath. The husband is mad at ALL of us right now. I show him appreciation even when it isn't due - I love my husband wholeheartedly. I try to treat him (and others) how I feel that I should be treated.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Alright men - I'm willing to listen. Yesterday, my husband's friend decided to flip me off and basically just say **** you to me because of something really stupid and it hurt my feelings. This was in a group chat. I asked him to send texts instead of videos. He responded with a few videos saying no and then sent one of him flipping me off and the look on his face was not nice. So I got upset and left the chat. My husband sees that about a half hour later (I just didn't respond - we are both at work and I didn't want to be upset so I just left the chat) and texts me asking me why I left. I told him that his friend hurt my feelings. He told me that I shouldn't take it serious and then started scolding me because I left the chat. Then the friend apparently got in to a fight with his wife over it and now they are fighting (I'm going to assume that she stuck up for me?) but so now him and my husband aren't friends - husband is mad at me because I 'created' this and I said nothing but just left the chat. I'm lost.
If this is the most important thing in your life, you are living a blessed life.

People get angry, they say things they shouldn't, life goes on.

This is not Junior High School.

If this "friend" of your husband stops being your husbands "friend" because his friends wife sides with you or because you left a chat, he wasn't much of a true friend.

Put it behind you and get on with your life. Tell hubby to get on with his life.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Thank you. I think I may apologize (even tho I have a few times) for him having to deal with this. He said last night that knows that I wasn't trying to make it worse.
Has he apologized for being mad at you last night? Frankly you did nothing wrong as described. So himthen coming and dressing you down and being embarrassed is ********.

Because he won’t actually communicate with you, you don’t even know if the fallout is because he stuck up for you or not.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Has he apologized for being mad at you last night? Frankly you did nothing wrong as described. So himthen coming and dressing you down and being embarrassed is ****.

Because he won’t actually communicate with you, you don’t even know if the fallout is because he stuck up for you or not.
He did in his own way. He had me listen to this song basically about a nagging wife making her husband want to be on the other side of town. I started crying and paused it on him but he turned it back on and said listen to it but the roles are reversed. It was basically him stating that he does see the way that he is towards me at times and he started giggling and apologized. It still made me cry. I understand where he is coming from in the sense that I abandoned him and his friends but he needs to see that he blew it out of proportion and now we don't have our close friends because of it. It will blow over tho.

The fallout is because he stuck up for me. He said that the friend had some choice words to say and won't tell me what they are.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Alright men - I'm willing to listen. Yesterday, my husband's friend decided to flip me off and basically just say **** you to me because of something really stupid and it hurt my feelings. This was in a group chat. I asked him to send texts instead of videos. He responded with a few videos saying no and then sent one of him flipping me off and the look on his face was not nice. So I got upset and left the chat. My husband sees that about a half hour later (I just didn't respond - we are both at work and I didn't want to be upset so I just left the chat) and texts me asking me why I left. I told him that his friend hurt my feelings. He told me that I shouldn't take it serious and then started scolding me because I left the chat. Then the friend apparently got in to a fight with his wife over it and now they are fighting (I'm going to assume that she stuck up for me?) but so now him and my husband aren't friends - husband is mad at me because I 'created' this and I said nothing but just left the chat. I'm lost.
All you did was leave the chat. It was his friend that was being an a**hole, whether he was trying to be funny with it or not. Unless there is more context here, you are not in the wrong, IMO. Your husband should have gotten mad at his friend being a jackass.

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
He's afraid that he's going to lose his friends for standing by his wife.
That’s ridiculous anyway, who cares?

If one of my friends pissed off my wife badly and she had it with them that would be it for that friend and that’s an easy choice.

Even if someone in my family did it, that would basically be it for that person.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
That’s ridiculous anyway, who cares?

If one of my friends pissed off my wife badly and she had it with them that would be it for that friend and that’s an easy choice.

Even if someone in my family did it, that would basically be it for that person.
I don't want to be that wife. I told him this. I left the chat because I didn't want it to go south. But then he got mad, and it went south :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

81 - 100 of 102 Posts