Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got yet another job rejection for a job I believe I was qualified for. !!!!!! And this is the second time this place REJECTED ME! This is like the third or fourth time a company REJECTED ME TWICE!! I am no longer going on these job interviews if they already rejected me a year or two before. THIS IS REALLY DESTROYING MY SELF ESTEEM!! It's going to be 5 years soon since I had a full time job. I AM SO DAMN DEPRESSED!!! CAN YOU BLAME ME??? I am trying to not let it bother me BUT IT'S DESTROYING ME INSIDE!!! HOW MUCH AM I SUPPOSED TO TAKE??? And I don't even have any vices to escape through. I'M JUST DEPRESSED AS HELL!!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
First off I am sorry to hear about this. Don't think it will make you feel any better, but you are not alone. This is how I have dealt with rejection. You are not the only applying for a job and therefore sometimes other candidates have something the company was looking for that you just didn't have. OR in my case, the other person applying new the interviewer and he got the job over me.

In any case, this rejection is not a reflection of you and your value as an employee at all. This is a reflection of the economy and the times. Its competitive out there, but you just have to suck it up and keep on moving forward. If you don't mind me asking, what field do you work in?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. My H has a full-time job but he hates it and has been looking for something else for over a year. I know how hard it is on him to get ignored/rejected for jobs that he seems really qualified for. It's very tough on the self-esteem. He's miserable.

You aren't alone. All you can do is keep it up. Have you tried following up afterwards to find out what they didn't like so you can learn for the next time?

·
Banned
8,908 Posts
Consider looking for a career coach or life coach. You're going to have the stigma of an unstable job history to I revoke, and possibly they can help. And try not to take the rejection personally. You might be qualified, but they simply found someone that they thought was a better fit. It doesn't mean you're not an awesome dude!

C
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First off I am sorry to hear about this. Don't think it will make you feel any better, but you are not alone. This is how I have dealt with rejection. You are not the only applying for a job and therefore sometimes other candidates have something the company was looking for that you just didn't have. OR in my case, the other person applying new the interviewer and he got the job over me.

In any case, this rejection is not a reflection of you and your value as an employee at all. This is a reflection of the economy and the times. Its competitive out there, but you just have to suck it up and keep on moving forward. If you don't mind me asking, what field do you work in?
With all do respect you're wrong. IT'S AN ATTACK ON ME! IT'S ME THEY DON'T LIKE! I KNOW IT. IT'S ME, TRUST ME! I HAVE TO TAKE IT PERSONALLY. :mad: I don't want to say what I do here cause I don't want my wife to come across this. I can always PM you. I AM SO FREAKING DOWN. IT'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE FOR ME. :(

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man - If you know it's something they are responding to, is it something you can change?

I try, believe me. I guess I'm not trying hard enough! I am 53 so it doesn't make things easier. I guess I am not a likable guy. Even when I get jobs I can't keep them. And I don't drink or smoke, show up on time. I JUST HAVE BAD LUCK. IT'S KILLING ME. IT REALLY IS.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I'm in the HR field, I will tell you that you have to wow them, you have to go in like you are the best thing that happened to them. You have to be likable and confident. Practice with someone who is honest, time to change your interview style. Also check to see if you have been dressing appropriately. Don't give then the same answer everyone gives, show them your personality. I would also reach out to the ones who rejected you for feedback. Some one may tell you what you need to improve.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I always thought taking a class or two as a refresher would help as well. I've had some ask if I did any volunteer work. Some charity work is nice on a resume. JMHO
Yes keep up in the field and any certifications or licenses. Also make sure you follow up with a thank you email or letter with your strengths and to damage control for anything you feel went less than perfect.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes keep up in the field and any certifications or licenses. Also make sure you follow up with a thank you email or letter reinstating your strengths and to damage control anything you feel went less than perfect.
Posted via Mobile Device
I did all those things. Nothing works for me.

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in the HR field, I will tell you that you have to wow them, you have to go in like you are the best thing that happened to them. You have to be likable and confident. Practice with someone who is honest, time to change your interview style. Also check to see if you have been dressing appropriately. Don't give then the same answer everyone gives, show them your personality. I would also reach out to the ones who rejected you for feedback. Some one may tell you what you need to improve.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have been reaching out. Nothing substantial. I can't afford a coach. I just don't think I am a likable person.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
It's a personally contest really, can I PM you some info?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I got yet another job rejection for a job I believe I was qualified for. !!!!!! And this is the second time this place REJECTED ME! This is like the third or fourth time a company REJECTED ME TWICE!! I am no longer going on these job interviews if they already rejected me a year or two before. THIS IS REALLY DESTROYING MY SELF ESTEEM!! It's going to be 5 years soon since I had a full time job. I AM SO DAMN DEPRESSED!!! CAN YOU BLAME ME??? I am trying to not let it bother me BUT IT'S DESTROYING ME INSIDE!!! HOW MUCH AM I SUPPOSED TO TAKE??? And I don't even have any vices to escape through. I'M JUST DEPRESSED AS HELL!!!!
Get another job which you can work while you look for your new full time job. It's easier to find a job when you have one.

Reactions: Hortensia

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Get another job which you can work while you look for your new full time job. It's easier to find a job when you have one.
It's not that easy. I have other jobs during this time. Freelance jobs. I even did a VERY BIG JOB that was worth thousands of dollars FOR FREE. The guy did NOT appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Keep the faith man.

Our CEO and President was let go last night. Keep in mind that our company is very profitable and growing. She was extremely well liked by everybody. It was a shock to all of our employees and our vendors. Her facebook account blew up with an outpouring of well wishes and thanks and disbelief. Not a single person today that I talked to saw it as a good thing for the company. Yet, there she was ... in tears ... wondering how her life just fell to pieces. She had a disagreement with the owner and that is all it took. It happens.

Do not take the rejection personally. It isn't. A lot of valuable people are struggling. It is an opportunity to reinvent yourself. Don't engage in negative self-talk. Take every unsuccessful attempt as an opportunity to learn and as a motivation to try even harder. You'll get there.

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm going to recommend you learn to have more pride in yourself. If you did a job that was worth thousands of dollars for free, you don't think you are worth much. Respect yourself and you will be able to garner respect from others. That's probably why you are not being hired at other places. You must show a lack of self-respect in the interview. If you have little confidence in what you are worth, they won't want to hire you because they don't want to teach you at the age you are now. You need to build your self-esteem.

Assuming you did a good job on the one you are talking about here.
You just hit a note! I grew up hearing from my Mother that I had no confidence in myself. Then one day I said "MOM, I NEVER SAID I DIDN'T HAVE CONFIDENCE IN MYSELF, YOU DID! MAYBE YOU SEE SOMETHING IN MY THAT YOU DON'T THINK I SHOULD HAVE CONFIDENCE IN!!!" She was silent. Then she said "if that's the case, I apologize." See, confidence... is it really important? Or is the knowledge of right from wrong more important? Because I know right from wrong. I don't know if you're right or wrong. I don't. Perhaps you are right.
This man gives a good talk about that.
Dealing with Patronizing Personalities - YouTube
As for respect for self, well, I don't think I have had that. I grew up with parents who didn't really respect each other.
I finally learned about self respect later on in life. I try to live by it, but it's not easy.
I believe I did a great job even though he had it done over again months later. I would send you what I did privately and I think you would say I did a great job. But I don't want you to know who I am so... :) No offense. I want to keep anonymous. :)

But you're right Self Respect is key. And right now my Self Respect has been **** ON. :(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.