Talk About Marriage banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
As far as further restrictions, I’m positive the whole country will be locked down like Italy soon. Not soon enough though.

·
Registered
773 Posts
It's PR. It is just to make the public feel safer and better about what is going on.

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
It's PR. It is just to make the public feel safer and better about what is going on.
You still don’t believe there will be sick, dying and dead bodies filling up all of these temporary hospitals? I don’t understand your optimism but you will be proved wrong in a matter of days anyway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If they are going to house or treat the non-virus patients, that could help. The army does have a lot of experience with orthopedic type problems like broken bones or sprains and trauma type injuries.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,609 Posts
You still don’t believe there will be sick, dying and dead bodies filling up all of these temporary hospitals? I don’t understand your optimism but you will be proved wrong in a matter of days anyway.
I think he might be agreeing with you and red but thinks they are doing it mostly to make people feel better and not panic as much.

I feel a meltdown vibe coming and I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
773 Posts
You misunderstood what I meant. Yes, people are getting sick and dying. But this move by the Army is more about calming fears then actually being able to help. 3 to 4 weeks? The virus will have swept thru by then. If it calms people down a little then it will help the panic but is it going to help in 3 to 4 weeks?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
You misunderstood what I meant. Yes, people are getting sick and dying. But this move by the Army is more about calming fears then actually being able to help. 3 to 4 weeks? The virus will have swept thru by then. If it calms people down a little then it will help the panic but is it going to help in 3 to 4 weeks?
According to some professionals peak won’t hit until at least mid-May.
Then slowly taper off.
So it may help with the tail end of if.

·
Registered
773 Posts
According to some professionals peak won’t hit until at least mid-May.
Then slowly taper off.
So it may help with the tail end of if.
Maybe, but still think its beyond stopping now. The time for action was in January. All we can do now it hunker down and ride it out

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
It will have swept through in 3 to 4 weeks? Seriously?

Hundreds of thousands of people will be getting sick in 3 to 4 weeks, and those people are infecting thousands of others right now who will be sick after that in several waves.

Again, your optimism is confusing, but hey, if it makes you feel better to think this will all blow over with minor casualties, then cling to that as long as you can for comfort.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Oh FW ...I’m very sorry to hear of the passing of your mother. A quality that I greatly admire in others is that of grace. And it sounds like she had that in spades. I’m glad, at the very least, that she had a peaceful passing and was surrounded with loved ones. Take care of yourself x

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
We could still stop it with a China style lockdown. Soon it will be too late for that as well.

I hope plans are being made to dispose of the infectious bodies from people's homes. Italy already has a problem and their death rate is likely to go up a hundred fold

Maybe, but still think its beyond stopping now. The time for action was in January. All we can do now it hunker down and ride it out

·
Administrator
42,545 Posts
@Faithful Wife,

I'm so sorry for what your mom, you, and your family have been through.

You seem to be handling your loss about as well as it can be. Be kind to your self as you go through grief.

{{{HUGS}}}

81 - 100 of 104 Posts