Talk About Marriage banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Thank you.

She just now texted me that she doesn’t want to struggle anymore and is going to take the morphine and let go.

We don’t have her tests results back yet but either way, she just doesn’t want to be hooked to tubes and machines anymore.

We think the hospital may let us visit one more time. We will have to be in full hazmat gear but we hope we can.
I'm so sorry this is happening. I hope you can get in.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Normally it would be the right thing to keep a cool head. This is different. If you saw what I saw in the hospital, you wouldn’t bother having a cool head. You would stay home and pray.
I guess it depends what you mean by having a cool head. I recommend being calm, but not optimistic.

I am staying home and recommend people do this if they can.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I just spent the last 4 days in the hospital with my dying mother.

Everything changed between day 1 and yesterday.

We watched the hospital staff grimly go through preparedness training as they were clearly aware of what is to come. They started having more and more armed security forces showing up in and around the building. By yesterday, the hospital is on a full lock down: only patients and providers are allowed in the building. No visitors or vendors at all.

This is no joke and no precautions are too extreme. Stay home. Do not go out in public. I’m telling you, what we saw in the hospital was shocking. They know this is truly a pandemic. The public needs to know. They are going to panic but they should, so they will stay home.

Yesterday they finally decided to test her for the corona virus because she wasn’t recovering from the type A flu she had as they expected. They told us that originally it was believed if you had this flu you didn’t have the corona virus. Now they have learned you can have both concurrently. So if she does have corona, she may now have had it for a week.

They immediately moved her to the ICU in total quarantine which means they have to fully suit up in this special medical hazmat stuff to even go inside her containment tent. They sent us home and told us not to let any of our stuff touch any surfaces on the way out. They told us to self quarantine until we know if she is positive which could take 24 to 48 hours.

Before that I had been sleeping on a cot next to her in the respiratory unit. I have not gone in public since last Wednesday.

The strange thing is, she seems to possibly be coming through. Even if she does have it, she may survive it. And she is 79 and has many health issues. The only reason she will get to have this possibility is because she was already in the hospital. Going forward, people will die because there will not be enough supplies or beds for everyone.

The other reason this is possible for her is because she has Cadillac health care coverage, which she pays $500 a month for. Those who do not have any coverage are going to be SOL.

I promise you. This is not fear mongering. There will be people storming hospitals the way they are storming toilet paper right now. And it won’t be just panicked people, it will be sick people who are contagious. They will have to protect hospitals with police and armed guards.
EDIt: Sorry to hear about your mother, and really hope they let you see her.

·
Super Moderator
28,161 Posts
Yes. It is bandaged, I made sure it was supported and I am walking in an air boot.

thank you for asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you think it is broken you need to have it looked at by medical staff, really.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
@Faithful Wife
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, especially your Mom. I don't know what else to say.

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
Those were overall numbers. A recent UK study predicted 1-2 million deaths in the US. That is what finally got the president's attention

That percentage is among the elderly and infirm. It is a little early yet but it seems to be consistent.

We have a good model in the UK to watch for results because they are concentrating on isolating those at highest risk without destroying their economy by isolating everyone.

It is still early but their numbers don't appear to be that bad.

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your mother.

I hope you and your kids are not infected. I you are, your odds are good, and very good for your kids - kids seem to be very resistant to this. Please let us know how you are doing.

It was downplayed because they did not want to inspire more panic. This has backfired. Instead they should have gone into immediate protocols for everything.

Me and my kids who are now on quarantine until we know her test results, so far none of us have any symptoms.

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
They let us in. It has been an incredible journey with her. She is awake and alert and my kids and I were all with her for 8 hours.

She has not declined yet so we have been taking shifts to stay with her even longer. She may even be around tomorrow.

We don’t know how long they will keep letting us in so we may not make it to the end with her. But if we can, we will.

We still don’t have her results back.

She is telling everyone that she hopes they all have the ability to go out the way she is. Able to control her circumstances to a degree and happily enjoying us until the end.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
They let us in. It has been an incredible journey with her. She is awake and alert and my kids and I were all with her for 8 hours.

She has not declined yet so we have been taking shifts to stay with her even longer. She may even be around tomorrow.

We don’t know how long they will keep letting us in so we may not make it to the end with her. But if we can, we will.

She is telling everyone that she hopes they all have the ability to go out the way she is. Able to control her circumstances to a degree and happily enjoying us until the end.
I'm so sorry, Faithful Wife. Your Mom is giving you the gift of knowing that she is at peace with her circumstances and decision. That is a gift borne out of love for you and yours. Please take care of yourself and your adult children - stress will take a toll on the body.

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
Those were overall numbers. A recent UK study predicted 1-2 million deaths in the US. That is what finally got the president's attention
Maybe we are reading different results. I'm definitely not reading that high a fatality rate among the young and healthy at all.

Even if I'm reading it right, the loss is unacceptable if we can lower it.

·
Registered
16,578 Posts

My unending and fervent prayers go out to your Mom and to your entire family, FW!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I suspect someone explained to him the demographic most likely to die is the one most likely to vote for him.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts

I'm sorry to read about your mother, and am heartened by the gift she is giving you and your family. Through her love for you and her peace with it all. Through all of this as well, please do try to rest and care for yourself as well.

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
41 - 60 of 104 Posts