Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 days until we get the truck.. holy cow. We are saying goodbye to the drama and hello to what I hope will be serenity :).

The months leading up to this has been crazy with so many adjustments.. didn't know if we'd make it for a minute :). H is stressing pretty good, so we're having to lean on each other.. the babies will be gone for the hardest part of the move, leaving Nashville. Thinking about it now.. getting pretty sad :).

Maybe this will be my little outlet thread for at least the next 4 days. The crying bouts seem to be coming a lil more often.. packing the babies room and our room.. sheesh, that's gonna be hard. But found out yesterday our new place is ready for our stuff.. that was pleasant news :).

Anxiety level is mild

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...I spent a couple of years in Brunswick/St. Simons Island.......oh to be young again and tooling around the islands on a Suzuki GS750 (the fast bike back in 1977)....:D
Oh.. I long to be living in st simons... We'll be 8 hours closer with this move.. so we're getting there. Plus, it will be close enough for a weekend trip for now!!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yay.. house sale fell through. Backed out over repairs that would be needed years down the road. I suspect I take my H's skills for granted at times. Looking at the inspection report, we see a few weekend projects.. I guess others don't think like us all the time.

At least we can pack my washer/dryer set :). Now if we can find a way to remove the kohler tea for two and velvet bronze fixtures in 3 days without completely destroying the new bathroom. Probably not a good idea :( Oh well.

3 days till we get the truck!

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
Oh yay.. house sale fell through. Backed out over repairs that would be needed years down the road. I suspect I take my H's skills for granted at times. Looking at the inspection report, we see a few weekend projects.. I guess others don't think like us all the time.

At least we can pack my washer/dryer set :). Now if we can find a way to remove the kohler tea for two and velvet bronze fixtures in 3 days without completely destroying the new bathroom. Probably not a good idea :( Oh well.

3 days till we get the truck!
I like the Kholer line of bathroom fixtures.:smthumbup:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I like the Kholer line of bathroom fixtures.:smthumbup:
We put a lot into this house. My H tiled the floors in the main bath, the kitchen (twice), the closets, our bedroom and we designed and built our master bath ourselves, we replaced all the fixtures and ceiling fans with new updated stuff, we replaced the windows and appliances (including hot water heater).. we put in a patio and was thinking about doing something with this damn retaining wall that killed the sale :( to think, the house could very well fall into foreclosure.. doubtful.. it will sell, just not sure we'll see a cent for what we put into it. Blah.

On a happier note, there was an article over the weekend about positive things on the housing front.

ETA: its not even the money.. its remembering the sleepless nights working on this place to make it our home. It's gonna be one if those days :( I gotta get in there and pack their baby room. We painted it blue/pink and made little footprints all over the wall.. still got a pic from that night somewhere. But most of my time in Nashville involved drinking and stupid choices.. time to make it a distant memory.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
I am glad for you all.

My wife and I are starting to build our home next year.
The house we live in belongs will be rented out. Originally it was my mom's, but she gave it to me.

To a brighter future for you and your family!:toast:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am glad for you all.

My wife and I are starting to build our home next year.
The house we live in belongs will be rented out. Originally it was my mom's, but she gave it to me.

To a brighter future for you and your family!:toast:
Thanks CM.. toast to your upcoming house ;). Sounds like fun. We're moving into a home that belongs to my mom.. but it sits on 500 acres that belongs to her too.. hoping to build our own place on it in the next few years... Pending no drama. We shall see.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
Carribean Man:
What island are you on (if you don't mind sharing)? I love the islands!
Trinidad & Tobago.
The last two in the entire archipelago of Caribbean islands
Six miles off the coast of Venezuela.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So today we get the truck. Still hasn't hit, no crying fits last night.. just a fuss with H. Sometimes I wonder if we'll truly make it. Haven't really thought that through.. but I think I'm ahead in life if H were to leave me or do something stupid. But you know, its not all him.. I could end up doing something equally stupid or I could leave him. We both know our primary responsibility is raising these babies in a positive environment... So whatever that takes and as long as the sex life stays active :)

One thing I have kept myself from thinking about.. my oldest little girl. Shes here in college, and I haven't seen her much since she started in Aug. She's off in her own little world now.. I don't know what she thinks about us moving.. her and little sissy are incredibly close :( she's mentioned a transfer once she can get in state down there. I hope so.

Just rambling this morning.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In Georgia, at our new home. I really love it. Its a beautiful home.. coming in at just under 5000 sq ft, and for now, just the 4 of us are living here (hubby, me, twins). It's easier to keep tidy, the toys are more spread out! Probably needs sweeping more than I care to do :( And this is my new life. A SAHM in a huge house..

This will last for a few years and then my mom will join us and one of us will build another home elsewhere on this beautiful land. Time to start saving every dime we can!

And most importantly.. my 4 year old babies are absolutely loving this! And my college freshman might get a transfer to the university 30 mins from here.. not sure yet though... But I certainly can hope :)

Well, there's a lot to do here and I'm really trying to put my all into my family and this beautiful property. I do believe I've been offered the opportunity of a lifetime here.

That said, I'm gonna back off of TAM for a while.. I haven't been very active on here lately and now is as good a time as any. I will miss several of you and if anyone wants to keep in touch, I can be found on Facebook :). Just PM me and I'll give you the link.

Take care and I wish everyone the best in life!

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
In Georgia, at our new home. I really love it. Its a beautiful home.. coming in at just under 5000 sq ft, and for now, just the 4 of us are living here (hubby, me, twins). It's easier to keep tidy, the toys are more spread out! Probably needs sweeping more than I care to do :( And this is my new life. A SAHM in a huge house..

This will last for a few years and then my mom will join us and one of us will build another home elsewhere on this beautiful land. Time to start saving every dime we can!

And most importantly.. my 4 year old babies are absolutely loving this! And my college freshman might get a transfer to the university 30 mins from here.. not sure yet though... But I certainly can hope :)

Well, there's a lot to do here and I'm really trying to put my all into my family and this beautiful property. I do believe I've been offered the opportunity of a lifetime here.

That said, I'm gonna back off of TAM for a while.. I haven't been very active on here lately and now is as good a time as any. I will miss several of you and if anyone wants to keep in touch, I can be found on Facebook :). Just PM me and I'll give you the link.

Take care and I wish everyone the best in life!
Sorry to see you leave Cherry, but I'm very glad you its working out in your favour.
I wish the best for you , your husband , and your kids.
Life is beautiful.

Take care of yourself!

PS,Should I PM you?:)

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry to see you leave Cherry, but I'm very glad you its working out in your favour.
I wish the best for you , your husband , and your kids.
Life is beautiful.

Take care of yourself!

PS,Should I PM you?:)
Thanks CM! It's been fun and when I got here.. I was a mess. TAM certainly has contributed to the success of my marriage.

And sure, I'd love to keep in touch. I'll send you my fb stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.