Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I wouldn't recommend it as it breaks your heart.

Anyone struggling to eat since d-day? I've lost 10 pounds, struggle to eat. The weird thing is stuff I used to like I now dislike. Like cheese, chocolate, dairy, even ice cream. I can't seem to make a proper meal. I drink tea, will manage a small plain yogurt. I eat oranges and the odd banana but I'm getting tired of bananas. I don't eat bread as it bloats me so much. I don't like bacon or sausages anymore. My appetite is very small. Went out for a meal with two friends last week and as it was a steak house, I had a steak, ate less than half.

My SIL usually has me over for dinner on thurs, after yoga (we both do the yoga class).

I wouldn't be bothered about my appetite but I know I'm much weaker and less fit than I was, and I want to start training again, which I will do, but I need to get enough in me to do it.

If I didn't have to eat I wouldn't. Before my H left and cheated, I was slightly plump and guilty of comfort eating. I'm quite slim now for the first time in my adult life, and always thought I'd be happy when I got to a certain size.

·
Banned
675 Posts
My appetite has been OK - it's actually my WW who lost a lot of weight and wasn't eating. Guilt is a great weight loss plan too. :)

Hope your appetite comes back and your heart heals.

·
Banned
877 Posts
I lost 30 pounds on the cheating wife diet.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
25 on cheating h diet. Not fun. Best thing to do is to be sure that when you do eat you eat something good for you with protein. Otherwise your brain will start of get all foggy and well......we gotta leave the fog to the cheaters.

Just a side note thought- WH lost at least that so his appetite tanked as well. Lots of stress to go 'round. Thankfully he's put 90% of it back on(didnt need to lose it in the first place).

Good luck.

CTU

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
I lost 16 pounds, then gained back 4 - 5 when I started accepting the situation and my emotions stabilized. The 16 pounds was lost in about a 3 week stretch without even realizing it. Not eating properly, not sleeping properly - it's not a healthy way to lose weight. BUT, you can turn it into a positive by starting to work out and maintain the weight loss.

Now, I am back down 16 and targeting 20 by stepping up exercise and eating a little better (I can never change my diet completely to "healthy" because there are certain things I love and food is one of them).

·
Banned
877 Posts
I lost another 20 pounds of fat after by eating right and exercise. I've also added 20 pounds of muscle. I trying for a six pack by summer. Then I'm taking my wife to the beach ;)

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
It sucks when people ask you "how did you lose all that weight" I tell them stress. They say "stress makes me eat" well I think to myself maybe they don't know what real stress is. I am the WS btw and it's been almost a year since D day. Still have to make myself eat , hate eating.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
It sucks when people ask you "how did you lose all that weight" I tell them stress. They say "stress makes me eat" well I think to myself maybe they don't know what real stress is. I am the WS btw and it's been almost a year since D day. Still have to make myself eat , hate eating.
Posted via Mobile Device
Too funny. Ive said the same thing "stress" only to get the same reply "I eat when Im stressed" and I always think then you havent had real stress yet! I couldnt keep my head out of the toilet even w/o eating. I know its true- some do eat when they are stressed- I just dont get that though. The very thought of eating made me physically sick. The smell of dinner cooking.....OMG.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Too funny. Ive said the same thing "stress" only to get the same reply "I eat when Im stressed" and I always think then you havent had real stress yet! I couldnt keep my head out of the toilet even w/o eating. I know its true- some do eat when they are stressed- I just dont get that though. The very thought of eating made me physically sick. The smell of dinner cooking.....OMG.
Yes - stress eaters...don't get that. When I'm stressed, my stomach locks down.

·
Registered
859 Posts
25 - 30 lbs seems to be the magic number for most. I lost 28 lbs in a month. When I did start eating, it was 1 pack of Raman noodles a day....nothing else. I made myself eat that.

Not how I wanted to lose the weight, but I sure as hell-o ain't going back!

I say stress as well when people ask- (used to be a stress eater), so I know it is pure heartbreak. When you are dying, you don't eat. When you are stressed, you do. Should have been a cue for me. Until we were in TRUE R, my hubs didn't skip a meal. When he finally pulled his head out, he barely ate. Now he put the weight back on and I am maintaining :) Yeah me!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Made myself eat an egg yesterday, just horrible, ate it as fast I could. It's like when you have the flu and you cant eat, and then you get well and that first meal is so good...I'm still waiting for that moment. To not even like chocolate anymore! That sucks! Used to eat due to "stress", but this is the real deal.I also used to have ED issues and hope I don't slip into that either.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Made myself eat an egg yesterday, just horrible, ate it as fast I could. It's like when you have the flu and you cant eat, and then you get well and that first meal is so good...I'm still waiting for that moment. To not even like chocolate anymore! That sucks! Used to eat due to "stress", but this is the real deal.I also used to have ED issues and hope I don't slip into that either.
now you know if you start worrying about "that" it will happen right? One thing at a time.

·
Premium Member
17,771 Posts
Went from about 220 to 175 in two months. No issues now.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
For me, I think it was the stress causing me to burn more calories vs eating less. And I wasn't sleeping (first 3 weeks - probably 2 - 3 hours a night max) - so would be burning calories more hours of the day. My appetite wasn't the same - but in my case I think I was just burning at a higher than normal rate. I WAS eating less, but was still having the proper 3 meals/day - just not finishing everything. When you're stressed your body is burning calories as if you were in a constant "fight" mode.

I've always exercised - so just stepped it up a notch - and that has been helping me sleep. Also got my doctor to prescribe a sleeping pill which REALLY helped to get a good night's rest during the worst times. Slowly weaning myself off of having to use sleep aids. The other thing I have cut back is coffee. I take cream and sugar and used to drink 5 - 6 cups/day. Now it's 2... maybe 3 max and never have one after 4 pm. Not drinking the calories from the cream and sugar alone will help me to lose a few pounds over the course of a year vs previous years.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had 2 babies back to back (the are 2/3 now) and I had a rough time taking the weight off after.

I have now lost those 30 lbs that needed to go. I am eating though, just smaller portions and no random snacking throughout the day.

The weight loss has been a GREAT self esteem boost, which is much needed right now.

And, I agree with the extra calories being burned by keeping busier than normal (if that's even possible) and not sleeping all that great in the beginning of all this. I was laying down at 12-1 and waking at 3:30 on the dot for a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.