Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was engaged at 20, married at 21 and divorced at 22.

I was so ashamed and felt very cheap and unlovable. I swore that no one was going to ever want me again because I had been married and divorced so young.

It took several years, but by the age of about 25 I finally realized that no one cared about it but me. It was a great realization and so freeing!

If you are going through this, please realize that (most) people will not judge you for being divorced. Don't worry about what others think -- it's really not that bad.

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
I was engaged at 20, married at 21 and divorced at 22.

I was so ashamed and felt very cheap and unlovable. I swore that no one was going to ever want me again because I had been married and divorced so young.

It took several years, but by the age of about 25 I finally realized that no one cared about it but me. It was a great realization and so freeing!

If you are going through this, please realize that (most) people will not judge you for being divorced. Don't worry about what others think -- it's really not that bad.
I was so close to that married at 21, divorced before I turned 23 with a baby. I though no one would want a guy with baggage (I had custody) and settled for just anyone (which was the wrong girl to date). After her I figured I wanted no one and that was when I found my wife. You can always find wonderful people out there. Never settle for less then you deserve and you deserve the best.

draconis

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am right there with you. Married at 18 and divorced technically not until I was 21, but we were only "together" 6 months before we split up. I was devasted too, and then like you realized it was only me who cared...I am now happily married to my new husband for over a year and going VERY strong!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.