Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 648 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife left me, I have a thread here about it. Right now I feel like drinking or banging my head on this keyboard until every keys leaves an impression on my face.

What do I do to eleviate this pain.

Obvious reason why she left me, I was selfish, a jerk. 24 years she endured this from me.

I never truly realized how much she means to me. My best friend is gone. Those old cliches are really true, you don't realize what you've got until it's gone.

Somebody help me, pleeaasseeeee!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Take a deep breath..

Keep posting here, talk about it. Vent if need be.. there are loads of people here who can talk to you and help you through it.

What happened? Do you think you both can possibly work it out?

Talk to me, I'm here

·
Registered
552 Posts
I read all the threads you started and can't seem to uncover why you are separated. There are lots of people on this forum going through separation and divorce. I am very sorry that you are hurting.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've known my wife since she was 17, we've had hard times.

We've had really good times.

She says I don't accept her, I don't accept what she says, she just wants to be heard.

I did all of these things.

We have four(4) children.

She wants to date a person she works with, right now.

We can't afford to divorce or even separate.

So I'm stuck, my two oldest are so angry at her.

She is about as stubborn as they come.

Her words, "I'm so gone from this relationship, I don't love you anymore"

It really is my fault, I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sometimes it's no ones fault..

I imagine you did some things right being married for all those years.

You can not make her feel something she doesn't. But you can still continue to be there for her.. listen to her.. help her if needed. But remember to take care of YOU.. and of course the children

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, my head is swelling again.

I guess the only thing keeping me from jumping off of the roof are the kids.

I'm tired, can't sleep, wake up in a few hours feeling the same thing.

I've run out of tissue

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The two younger ones are sleeping on the couches after a funny movie.

They look so peaceful

I can't shield them from what is to come.

They are going to hurt so bad

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm sorry you are feeling this way.. I know it hurts. Wish there was more I could do or say to help you feel better..

Take a hot bath.. read a good book.. watch a movie.. do something to stop thinking about it continuously, perhaps that will tire your mind and you will get some rest.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well if he is still married.. and so is she.. I can't imagine the outcome will be good..

However thats not to say it will work out for you.. sorry to say.

Remember to take each day one step at a time, try to get yourself out of the house and do something.. show her that YOUR life does continue on without her

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The whole thing with her is that she still cares for me, wants the best for me, she says this all the time, but she has moved on.

I still love the image of her when we met.

The family we have is just the best.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know if I want her to come back, I just want to stop wanting.

I don't even want somebody.

I can't stand this pain, making it thru another minute

·
Registered
552 Posts
Please take care of yourself. It is almost too painful to read your words. I think you need a total distraction. What are you doing over the Memorial Day weekend? Are you seeing any extended family or friends? Promise me you will go out and socialize and have some fun.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
My wife left me, I have a thread here about it. Right now I feel like drinking or banging my head on this keyboard until every keys leave an impression on my face.

What do I do to eleviate this pain.

Obvious reason why she left me, I was selfish, a jerk. 24 years she endured this from me.

I never truly realized how much she means to me. My best friend is gone. Those old cliches are really true, you don't realize what you've got until it's gone.

Somebody help me, pleeaasseeeee!
something you can do now is strive to be a stronger and better person, now that you only have yourself to worry about.
It is a good opportunity to work on yourself, for yourself.

1 - 20 of 648 Posts