Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will readily, and easily admit, that I believe my wife to be the superior spouse. We do have very different strengths, but I think a large reason why I love being married so much is because she's such a kick-ass, awesome spouse. Not perfect, who is, but damn near close. She's sweeter than I am, more patient, more expressive, and more accepting of my (IMO) many flaws.

She disagrees, but she's biased. ;)

What about you? Do you think your love is actually the better overall spouse?

·
Banned
1,967 Posts
I will readily, and easily admit, that I believe my wife to be the superior spouse. We do have very different strengths, but I think a large reason why I love being married so much is because she's such a kick-ass, awesome spouse. Not perfect, who is, but damn near close. She's sweeter than I am, more patient, more expressive, and more accepting of my (IMO) many flaws.

You do much honor to your wife.She's a blessed woman.:)

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
He would say I'm a better spouse than he is. I have more patience, I'm a better listener but emotionally we're pretty evenly matched. It's the first 2 qualities that put me over the top though.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
My H is better than me in some ways... I'm better at other things.

I like to think we compliment each other...balance each other out. Like a yin and yang image.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My husband is definitely the better half. He works hard every day while I'm prone to laziness, he puts up with my moods, spoils me, and he thinks HE is the lucky one.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
We both have our faults as well as what makes us good, but I do feel I am the better spouse. I think she would agree to that as well.

·
Registered
467 Posts

A really hard question, the beta loser in me wants to blurt out (hands flapping wildly) that my wife is the epitome of perfection.

She is an awesome mother, with an almost OCD like attention to detail on our children's needs. She loves to cook, cleans obsessively, is really good with money.

But at the same time, has an encyclopedia of interpersonal flaws and faults. Has blurted out incredibly insensitive things, has treated me like a POS, and generally seems to truly struggle with understanding a relationship may actually be a 2 way street, and that a normal spouse loves and cares and looks out for their significant other, and that they aren't just there to be "fill in a void" while she pines almost openly for perfect cliched males that don't exist.

So she's textbook perfect mother, is awesome with money, cooks, cleans, but is completely crap at being a Wife, or even a girlfriend.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
It is a difficult question. In my past marriage I was the better partner in some ways, he was in others but ultimately I was because I was the one that saw the value and need for communication.
He was a brilliant friend, father and provider though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: Re: Is your spouse a better partner than you are?

My spouce is a better spouce then me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.