Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband asked me to meet him at the restaurant for dinner tonight. He would pick up our son and meet me. So I get a barrage of texts... Son (6) is being a royal pain he says... Has to go to bathroom. Then I say ok I'll be waiting... I've been waitive over 25 minutes. He now texts over and over saying the dog (who is house trained w a watchful eye) has peed on the rug and he's angry he has to clean it. He has texted over and over about how awful things are for him. As I sit and wait. I offered to come home. He said no..

Is this typical? It is in my house, but I'm starting to "see the light" I think...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. He did with our son. He started by saying his heart was racing and taking his pulse at the table. But he was fine... Then he really just sat on his phone (surfing web) on and off.

so did he eventually show up?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've had evenings like your husband's. It's possible the texts were an expression of frustration and need for support. I know I woud have felt better if my wife offered support or help when things were going badly.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
at least he's texting you & releasing his frustrations to you... not to someone else.

Sounds like he wanted to have a nice family dinner with you. Wanted it to be like a surprise, just a nice night out... Then he got caught up with parenting & cleaning & was frustrated because things didn't go smoothly for him & he didn't get the praise and self satisfaction for giving you a really great night out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.