Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been talking to this guy off and on for awhile now. Recently we stoped talking. Then we made back up and we are on speaking terms. Anyways he went a whole week without communicating with me. Come to find out he sent me a message but “it said he deleted it”. So I asked him about it and he said he didn’t mean to send it to me? Later on he final confessed that it was for me. He asked me “you know why I didn’t contact you”? I replied “ why”? He said “it’s because I’m not going to sweat you and come off desperate”. I’m very confused? What is his motive ? Before the big fight that we got into about a month ago he was blowing up my phone there wasn’t a day he wouldn’t reach out.

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I’ve been talking to this guy off and on for awhile now. Recently we stoped talking. Then we made back up and we are on speaking terms. Anyways he went a whole week without communicating with me. Come to find out he sent me a message but “it said he deleted it”. So I asked him about it and he said he didn’t mean to send it to me? Later on he final confessed that it was for me. He asked me “you know why I didn’t contact you”? I replied “ why”? He said “it’s because I’m not going to sweat you and come off desperate”. I’m very confused? What is his motive ? Before the big fight that we got into about a month ago he was blowing up my phone there wasn’t a day he wouldn’t reach out.
FYI this guy is not related to any of my previous threads

· Registered
2,468 Posts
It's not going anywhere. Men do like to chase. But the kind of men you would probably find appealing wouldn't have the patience for dealing with your communication style long term. They might think it's cute in the beginning, but I'd imagine it becomes frustrating and they walk away at some point. For what its worth, I do hope you find what you're looking for if its indeed an actual relationship, and not just attention.

· Registered
110 Posts
It doesn't matter.

Leave each other alone permanently.

Both of you seem to be playing games with one another, or you two just aren't compatible and seem to be trying to force things.

The two of you aren't in a relationship, nor do you have a genuine friendship.

You two are associates that speak to each other sometimes.

It sounds like it's nothing there between you two, and the both of you are keeping each other around as "optionals".

Also, people don't have to be in constant communication with each other. Anything could have happened in his life.

Please stop the "pick me" desperate behavior.

There are billions of guys out there. Alot who will treat you well, be consistent, and communicate with you often (since you seem to want that from someone).

Leave this off and on nonsense alone.

There's no genuine interest on your, his, or the both parts.

You two are just "keyboard pals".

Learn to love yourself and
Do better.

Go to therapy asap

· Registered
1,985 Posts
Talking on & off for "some time" = going no where.

Blowing up your phone early on & talking daily = love bombing. It's a sign of insecurity / instability. If should be viewed as a red flag or at least a yellow caution sign & avoided not encouraged.

Having fights this early on especially when you aren't dating is another bad sign.

Not talking for a week after the expectation for daily communication is set is also problematic.

@Becky_dime You are the common denominator in all of this. Why do you think you allow this to happen to you repeatedly? What do you do that encourages this dynamic? When you figure that out, stop doing it & you will find better men

1 - 11 of 11 Posts