Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my brother in law wants to go welcome a new neighbor lady to the area so he asked my husband to ask me if I would make him cookies he could take to her. Well here my husband offered to make them. I was and am very upset by this being when we first started dating he always baked for me and no longer does and is to busy. Do you think I am justified in being upset that he offered to do this being all I ever hear from him is he's to busy and we spend less and less time together all the time but he will find time to bake cookies? I will apperciate any thoughts. Thanks!

·
Banned
1,696 Posts
He is doing it to give a hand to his brother right? His brother has the hots for this lady? Seems like he is just being his brother's wingman.

When he did in the past did you act appreciative?
This^^^

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I never asked him to bake for me it was just something he started doing and yes I was always very appreciative and surprised each week when he would bring something down than he just stopped. He says it just isn't the same baking for me when I'm right here now (no surprise factor anymore) still would be special to me but he doesn't and is to busy for that it seems.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think its OK as long as he's not the one delivering them to her.

I mean look at in perspective: he is not doing this for himself but as a favor for his buddy/bro.

How about turing int into an opportunity for future intimacy? Why not say something about how you might REALLY appreciate *insert flirty insinuation:p* and reward such a treat in the future?

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
No, I don't think it is okay. If she ever finds out he didn't make them for her, she will not be happy. He would be better off finding the best cookies in the area and buying them for her.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when he told me he offered to make them I said Really!!! He knew what I meant. Than we were talking that he no longer bakes for me and I let him know I didn't like the thought of him baking cookies for another woman regaurdless of the reason when he won't even bake them for me anymore. so he knew how I felt about it. But I'm sure he would go and do it anyways if he was told to even if he knew it would upset me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should tell him how his cooking turns you on. It makes you want him in all kinds of ways. Tell him just thinking about his cooking is getting you hot . Then you go get a glass of ice water and drink it in front of him. I bet he starts cooking for you again. Girl you might have to be ready to give him his reward ;).

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok my brother in law wants to go welcome a new neighbor lady to the area so he asked my husband to ask me if I would make him cookies he could take to her.

I take it your brother in law is single. BIL should just buy something for the lady.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.