Talk About Marriage banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You need to leave this dysfunctional abusive relationship behind. It is toxic and will never be livable. Face reality and just get it over and done with and stop ALL contact with him. Take some time to maybe get in therapy and sort through why you think this is all you deserve and make some self-changes before picking another man.
Trust me. I don't want a man right now. I definitely want to go to therapy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes! Please do not go find another man until you have left, closed up all legalities, and have had time to reflect and heal. Taking off with another man was a mistake, not only because it was morally wrong, but because it's so unhealthy for you. Find your value. It's not with this abusive man.
Yes, I was stupid to do that and feel like an idiot for it. I would be moving with my parents and starting over, alone.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I cannot do that as we have a child together. But thank you so much. 🖤
Okay, I see. You can have limited contact though which would mean only communicating about your child. I can only imagine how challenging coparenting with someone like this could be. I’m sorry you’re going through this unhappy time but you can leave him and make a better life, where you’re not treated so poorly. Good luck to you!

·
Premium Member
14,605 Posts
Yes, I was stupid to do that and feel like an idiot for it. I would be moving with my parents and starting over, alone.
Once you totally cut him off and do not let him contact you at all yanking your chain and get some distance from it, you will have a healthier perspective and see how bad this has really been.

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Okay. You can't block him since you have a child together, but you do not have to respond to anything that isn't directly child related. He's not your friend. He doesn't have your best interests at heart.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Will he always be an "abuser"? Is there a chance he can change?
If he is a narcissistic abuser, it will never change, even with tons of therapy, they are eternally broken.. if you can get out, get out now.

I would suggest you educate yourself on narcissist abuse to see if he fits the bill. Knowledge is power. You can check out people like Kim Saeed and Melania Tonia Evans who write and produce videos online on this area.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts