Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last week I was in my family's home, it was my brothers funeral.
My wife arrived with my best friend. (This was the plan, she would pick him up on the way past his house.)
Later, we were having drinks and chatting. My wife turns to me (in front of my sisters and their husbands) and says "if you get a call from Cathal (shopkeeper) just ignore it".
I asked her what she meant and she told me that while outside a shop, she was leaning over getting change and that it may have looked like something else (giving my friend head). She was joking that the shopkeeper would see this and think something else was happening.
I don't think anything happened but I don't think it's appropriate for my wife and friend to be talking about sucking his **** when they are alone in a car.

Any thoughts?
I was angry and very embarrassed when she said this but I stayed quiet. Like I said earlier, it was my brothers funeral and I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
If he was looking at the cameras, it would seem as if something was going on. Yes, I know him.
ok, makes more sense... to be honest, it sounds very suspicious that your wife would preempt this by mentioning it... on the other hand, if really guilty, why would she mention it just in case Cathal has seen something weird going on and in front of your sisters and their husbands ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forget about the shopkeeper, that was just what she said to start the conversation. My main query, is whether that talk is appropriate. Should I be angry (which I am).

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Your wife seems to have a problem with filtering her thoughts. Why did she think your brother's funeral was a good venue to share this piece of nonsense with you and your siblings?

How did your best friend react to your wife's titillating tale? Did your siblings find it hilarious?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your wife seems to have a problem with filtering her thoughts. Why did she think your brother's funeral was a good venue to share this piece of nonsense with you and your siblings?

How did your best friend react to your wife's titillating tale? Did your siblings find it hilarious?
My friend just laughed. My brother in law looked at me as if to say "what the [email protected]#$".
This moved on quickly but I can't help feel there may be more to this. I wouldn't talk that sexually with someone else's wife. Unless I was testing to see where it would go.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Forget about the shopkeeper, that was just what she said to start the conversation. My main query, is whether that talk is appropriate. Should I be angry (which I am).
I am confused. You are more concerned whether or not the conversation was appropriate (which it isn't and is downright disrespectful to you) then whether your wife did something she shouldn't have and is trying to do damage control?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am confused. You are more concerned whether or not the conversation was appropriate (which it isn't and is downright disrespectful to you) then whether your wife did something she shouldn't have and is trying to do damage contr

Yes, I am concerned about the conversation. I'm also concerned that she may have thoughts of infidelity. I don't actually think anything happened.
I guess my main question is whether I'm right to be angry and suspicious.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Does your wife view your best friend as asexual? Does she usually want to be the center of attention?

Look, your friend may not have engaged in any conversation with her. It may have been all your wife. You need to get a better picture of what actually transpired before you go the anger and suspicious route. Ask the shopkeeper if you can view any video and judge for yourself if your friend and wife were hee-hawing it up.

·
Premium Member
16,309 Posts
No, not appropriate.

Should you be angry?
I would.

Does your wife have a potty mouth?

Look at the surveillance tape.
She maybe realized later that they were seen.

Or, she has a wild imagination!

Reactions: Diana7 and OnTheFly

·
Premium Member
16,309 Posts
My friend just laughed. My brother in law looked at me as if to say "what the [email protected]#$".
This moved on quickly but I can't help feel there may be more to this. I wouldn't talk that sexually with someone else's wife. Unless I was testing to see where it would go.
The fact that your friend laughed tells me no BJ happened.

A lot of hot air did escape your wife's lips.

Such a free spirit, she is.

The fact that she said this in front of others makes her that loose cannon.

Yikes!

Reactions: heartsbeating

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The fact that your friend laughed tells me no BJ happened.

A lot of hot air did escape your wife's lips.

Such a free spirit, she is.

The fact that she said this in front of others makes her that loose cannon.

Yikes!
Yeah, like I said earlier, I don't think anything happened. It's the fact she would say what she said at my brother's funeral. I can't even grieve properly now.
And why would she say that unless she had thought about the act at some stage.

·
Premium Member
16,309 Posts
Yeah, like I said earlier, I don't think anything happened. It's the fact she would say what she said at my brother's funeral. I can't even grieve properly now.
And why would she say that unless she had thought about the act at some stage.
This sort of talk and thoughts are more common than you think.

It has come out of the mouths of men since the beginning of time.

Look at the movies they make today. They show women doing this BJ-ing, all the time.

Your wife is an adult. She said something dumb.

Nothing new here. I would not read, too much, into this incident.

Unless, other Red Flags are noted.

Are other behaviors of hers bothering you?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts