Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my daughter (she'll be 13 soon) is asleep, I always look in on her. I'll make sure that she is okay, that she's warm and covered up and I will kiss her lightly and whisper "I love you" in her ear. Sometimes, when I can't sleep or stumble in from work at, say, 2 a.m., I'll actually sit by her bedside and watch her sleep for a little while. I can't help it, she's just the most beautiful thing in the world to me.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
No it isn't creepy. It is the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time. I have to get up at 4am for work Mon-Fri. I always kiss my 3yr old son, my 12yr old daughter and my 19yr old daughter before I go. I also whisper I love you to them all. I do it to my H (Joe kidd) as well.....lol

FWIW, although I have never really commented, I have read things you have posted. You sound like a really amazing father!...:smthumbup:

·
Banned
296 Posts
I do the same with my 5 year old son now whenever he manages to crawl into our bed to sleep between my wife and i. I often get to kiss him dozens of times saying i love you since its the only time he's actually still long enough for me to kiss him.

Its such a beautiful feeling to love someone this much so enjoy and count your blessings !!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Not at all creepy.

They grow up so fast.... out before you know it! Give them all the love you can while they are home with you, and it will last after they've moved out!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Nope - very sweet. When my 17 year old was in a coma, I would get my babies to sleep, drive to hospital and do the exact same thing. Nurturing urge to make sure they are tucked in.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason I asked was that I told this to my brother (he's a reserve police officer), and he gave me a strange look and told me that I may want to be careful who I say that around, as too many "do gooder" types will see that as a red flag for sexual abuse.

Incidentally, I reserve the right to do this until she is moved out!:)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Does he have kids?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
61 Posts
No I think that is very, very sweet. She's a lucky girl. :) My heart would melt if my husband continued to do that to our kids when they get older.

Reactions: Anonymous07

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The reason I asked was that I told this to my brother (he's a reserve police officer), and he gave me a strange look and told me that I may want to be careful who I say that around, as too many "do gooder" types will see that as a red flag for sexual abuse.

Incidentally, I reserve the right to do this until she is moved out!:)
An exact analogy for TAM. Everyone around here sees nothing but 1) cheaters or 2) potential cheaters 3) manipulative frigid wives and 4) 'beta' men.

I think his 'do gooder comment' may be a mask. I know cops and social workers who would say the same thing. Start seeing abuse cases slither across your desk routinely, and I'm afraid it begins to change your perspective on things.

I have a hard time deciding if hat is a good or a bad thing. Either - it is certainly unfortunate.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
It's lovely not creepy at all.
Does your brother have kids?
It's often people who don't have them that sometimes think the things we parents do are a bit stance.
Someone in work told me once that it wasn't right that my then 6 year old daughter slept with her dad when I worked night shift!!!
You can guess my response. She's 11 now and still occasionally does it. Shock horror!

This kind of behaviour is perfectly healthy in a normal, loving household.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I take pictures of them sleeping - I admit. Trying to preserve the moment. They actually look like little angels. Sounds hyperbolic doesnt it? Its not.

you know... when they arent drooling or laying there splayed out like they just fell from the sky.. then they just look like funny angels.

I think my kids would sleep through a nuclear blast. Thats some seriously hard sleeping going on sometimes. You can almost hear them growing.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, my bro does have a 4-year-old boy, but he's talking from the law enforcement community's view on things (he tends to be a "worst-case scenario" worrywart).

And my daughter knows that I look in on her when she's asleep, and she's fine with it. One night, I came in, and she was still awake. We had a very deep, meaningful conversation that night.

·
Registered
20 Posts
not creepy, its called love. i do the same with my son, he is the most important person in my life and he gives me such love and piece. when i cant sleep, or im feeling stressed or lonely, i'll go watch him sleep, it eases my pains and lightens my heart.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.