Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were married just couple of years but fighting a lot. One time, I was so mad that I took off my wedding bang and throw it on the floor. It made him angrier than he was before. He told me to pick it up. I did not want to , so he pushed me to the floor, sat on my back and was holding me down until I put my wedding band back on my finger. I know I deserved it by disrespecting our marriage, so I am not sure what this would be consider anymore.

·
Registered
561 Posts
For every action there should be a reasonable reaction. His response was absolutely unreasonable! He should have picked up the ring himself, put it in his pocket and withheld it from you until he felt you deserved it back. THAT would have been a more reasonable response.

I guess you won't be doing that again, huh? Guess you learned your lesson!?! (add sarcasm here)

·
Registered
428 Posts
His lay on of hands in this manner would be seen as an assult wheather inside or outside a marridge. He was NOT using reasonable force to defend himself nor using reasonable force to prevent a crime. So its basically "assult on the person"

However, when someone pushes another human being to a rage where rational thinking is removed they have to accept that something is going to happen, in this case you threw the meaning of eternal love to the ground and when he wanted you to put this back on you refused. You admit he was angerier than youve ever seen him which tells me he was pushed to extreme.
There is no excuse for man-handling you in a violent manner.

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Yes, without a doubt it is physical abuse. You need to take steps to protect yourself. Call an abuse hotline.

Reactions: MrsOldNews

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
So you deliberately push and push and provoke a response then you cry abuse. Self restraint has its limits, which you have proven. So, if you don't like it, then leave. But don't stay, condone it, and then complain about it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just needed more opinions on it than his friend's, who thinks I deserved it. I do not complain, but I finally want to see what I did not years ago. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
If this was the only time any such thing had happened I'd say it was wrong but you were also wrong and childish by throwing the ring.

But it looks like from your other posts that this is one of many problems and it's time (past time) to either work on your marriage or dissolve it before there are kids.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.