Talk About Marriage banner

Is the Trump Administrations Policy of Separating Minor Children A Fair One?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
401 - 420 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
I agree with everything. Just want to point out Cruz is a republican. What have the democrats come forward with within the legislative branch?

I know Dems were working on something that focused on getting families back together, but not much more.

If staying in the political vein, would just remind you that Repubs have controlled Congress for almost 8 years now.

Dubya and Obama both tried to lead on this issue but neither was successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
I agree with everything. Just want to point out Cruz is a republican. What have the democrats come forward with within the legislative branch?
Kind of tough to try to get something going on the legislative itinerary these days, with Ol' Mitch in the Senate and Paul and the Freedom Caucus in the House at the steering wheel!

Trump's got all three branches of the federal government all sitting there at his disposal, but it's far easier for him to just blame the Democrats whenever his agenda has suddenly reached an impasse

·
Registered
821 Posts
Simply because these children aren't criminals!

If you feel so justified in putting those poor unfortunate children in cages or in isolation, then please bring your sledge and jackhammers and start zealously demolishing our Statue of Liberty!

Arb...I’ve admired your advice for years...on family matters. But, I have to say...this thread (and a few other political ones) just show me you have absolutely no interest in debate. The level of utter vitriol you are showing on this thread absolutely confounds me. I have neither the time, or inclination, to go point to point with you. Maybe if you showed something other than blatant hatred for for my side of the isle. But I’ve seen no inclination from you for intellectual discord. I used to be a Democrat.... believe it or not. But it was EXACTLY this level of discord from the Dems that turned me away from the party....for ever! Thanks for reinforcing that decision....up there with Pelosi, Schumer and hell ....the entire left coast. Seriously.....I would vote for ANYONE... before another Dem. when will you guys realize...THAT is why we have a Trump in office. Geez!!

·
Banned
64 Posts
Arb...I’ve admired your advice for years...on family matters. But, I have to say...this thread (and a few other political ones) just show me you have absolutely no interest in debate. The level of utter vitriol you are showing on this thread absolutely confounds me. I have neither the time, or inclination, to go point to point with you. Maybe if you showed something other than blatant hatred for for my side of the isle. But I’ve seen no inclination from you for intellectual discord. I used to be a Democrat.... believe it or not. But it was EXACTLY this level of discord from the Dems that turned me away from the party....for ever! Thanks for reinforcing that decision....up there with Pelosi, Schumer and hell ....the entire left coast. Seriously.....I would vote for ANYONE... before another Dem. when will you guys realize...THAT is why we have a Trump in office. Geez!!
Yup, Democrats don’t know how to talk with people, they only know how to talk at people and when an idea comes across that they don’t like they begin with the accusations of “racism,” “bigotry,” etc...

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Yup, Democrats don’t know how to talk with people, they only know how to talk at people and when an idea comes across that they don’t like they begin with the accusations of “racism,” “bigotry,” etc...
did groupon have a sale on these wide brushes people keep using?

·
Registered
12,936 Posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Hahaha!!!! Whooooeheeeee!!!!

From a people that use to steal and enslave each other and would take each other's territory at the drop of a hat if given the opportunity.

They were conquered and lost. Happened to my ancestors as well.

Just shut up and enjoy the food of the advanced civilization that beat yours.

My ancestors were conquered by Rome and it didn't make Rome not Rome.

Good Lord!

·
Premium Member
24,164 Posts
Hahaha!!!! Whooooeheeeee!!!!

From a people that use to steal and enslave each other and would take each other's territory at the drop of a hat if given the opportunity.

They were conquered and lost. Happened to my ancestors as well.

Just shut up and enjoy the food of the advanced civilization that beat yours.

My ancestors were conquered by Rome and it didn't make Rome not Rome.

Good Lord!

Bad comparative analogy. Exactly where is Rome now?

This is how a lot of indigenous folks see this analogy, that is give them time to kill and destroy themselves and then we can reclaim our lands.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
did groupon have a sale on these wide brushes people keep using?
It is called projection, and it is used by the group who thinks that a) they are in charge or b) that they ought to be in charge, and if they're not "feelin'" like it, they blame the other side.

The Republicans have the majority in the Congress but they're not acting like they're in charge; they've ceded their power to Trump to keep their seats. Rather than band together and exert themselves (along with their Democratic colleagues) and take the power back and act like a Congress, they quiver and cower in fear in the fact of Trump, and the only ones who speak up are the ones who have announced their retirement. But the ones who aren't ready to speak up or take the power back blame the Democrats for that reality. Trump keeps blaming the Democrats for EVERYthing, including the disaster that was HIS policy regarding immigration and detention. If he can do it, whey can't the Republicans, uh, I mean, the party of Trump.

Go figure.

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
Bad comparative analogy. Exactly where is Rome now?

This is how a lot of indigenous folks see this analogy, that is give them time to kill and destroy themselves and then we can reclaim our lands.

Nothing at all wrong with the analogy. That Rome eventually failed doesn't change the validity one bit.

As you say, even the mighty US of A could fall one day. We know it can't stay exactly the way it is, so even if it doesn't fall, it will likely look very different, so as far as many are concerned, that's the same as falling.

·
Premium Member
24,164 Posts
Nothing at all wrong with the analogy. That Rome eventually failed doesn't change the validity one bit.

As you say, even the mighty US of A could fall one day. We know it can't stay exactly the way it is, so even if it doesn't fall, it will likely look very different, so as far as many are concerned, that's the same as falling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAAgK_xULK0

I try to avoid adding emoticons to my initial posting. I believe @ConanHub understood it was said tongue in cheek and why I responded to his post in the way I did.

Don’t take it seriously.

As for for what actually happens with the current immigration issue, I am not about to hold my breath.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
I just read the other day that the white mortality rate now exceeds the birth rate in all 50 states.

Anyone who thinks that stasis is the only definition for success had better get an updated thesaurus.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
I try to avoid adding emoticons to my initial posting. I believe @ConanHub understood it was said tongue in cheek and why I responded to his post in the way I did.

Don’t take it seriously.

As for for what actually happens with the current immigration issue, I am not about to hold my breath.

Nothing taken too seriously here either. I did like the opportunity to segue into a couple of my favorite musical references.

·
Premium Member
24,164 Posts
I just read the other day that the white mortality rate now exceeds the birth rate in all 50 states.

Anyone who thinks that stasis is the only definition for success had better get an updated thesaurus.

The way I see it America is based on the ideas penned in the constitution and not based on any race. Even while some of the founders did not actually practice all of these ideas based on the norms of that time, they still did great and wonderful thing in the expression put forth in the constitution. I served to uphold and protect the constitution for all people in this country not just those who I absolutely agree with.

As such folks like me of mixed ancestry, whites, black, Hispanics and immigrants coming into america of all colors and religions who are willing to embrace these ideas is what truly makes america great. E pluribus unum our true and lasting motto.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
The way I see it America is based on the ideas penned in the constitution and not based on any race. Even while some of the founders did not actually practice all of these ideas based on the norms of that time, they still did great and wonderful thing in the expression put forth in the constitution. I served to uphold and protect the constitution for all people in this country not just those who I absolutely agree with.

As such folks like me of mixed ancestry, whites, black, Hispanics and immigrants coming into america of all colors and religions who are willing to embrace these ideas is what truly makes america great. E pluribus unum our true and lasting motto.

It won't be too long before the demographic that elected Trump has withered away to the point of political irrelevance anyway. The next generation seems to be much less "tribally" driven.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts

It won't be too long before the demographic that elected Trump has withered away to the point of political irrelevance anyway. The next generation seems to be much less "tribally" driven.

I hope you are right, but identity politics and intersectionality is on the rise, bringing with it new tribalism replacing the old one. I'm pretty sure the left immediately calling everyone a Nazi over every disagreement isn't helping to dissolve the tribalism as it exists today.

·
Premium Member
7,401 Posts
People with TDS don't realize how insane they appear to uninfected people.

That lunacy is why the Republicans are likely to do well in November and Trump is likely to be re-elected in 2020.

·
Premium Member
7,401 Posts
It is called projection, and it is used by the group who thinks that a) they are in charge or b) that they ought to be in charge, and if they're not "feelin'" like it, they blame the other side.
Since that accounts for pretty much all political groups, I can simplify your explanation to "It is used by groups." >:)

·
Premium Member
24,164 Posts
I hope you are right, but identity politics and intersectionality is on the rise, bringing with it new tribalism replacing the old one. I'm pretty sure the left immediately calling everyone a Nazi over every disagreement isn't helping to dissolve the tribalism as it exists today.

Of course by you suggesting liberals are calling everyone a Nazi they don’t agree with you are painting this with a thin brush. I don’t believe your assumption describes most (which is a number between zero and 72 million) liberals. If however you are painting with a broad brush, I can certainly understand your concern over identity politics.

I would add, that along with folks coming from all religion, colors and various backgrounds, I would add differing languages. I don’t see a problem with speaking various languages as long as in the end these folks still embrace the ideas penned in the constitution. American is not a language it is an idea. American English is a dialect.

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
Yes. But it is always the same groups at once. And the pattern of villifying someone else is exactly what Trump has been doing, both with Democrats and with immigrants.
... and with mainstream Republicans!

401 - 420 of 500 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.