1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
It's bad enough that Trump goes after people very publicly .... including teenagers like Greta Thunberg.

Now we have the outgoing KY governor going on a pardon spree, pardoning some very unsavory criminals. Now the vengefulness is becoming more material.

https://kion546.com/news/politics/2019/12/13/former-kentucky-governor-issued-hundreds-of-pardons-before-leaving-office-this-week/
If you see the Democrats as out to destroy the proper social hierarchy and natural order, then the actions seem restrained.

·
Premium Member
11,734 Posts
It's bad enough that Trump goes after people very publicly .... including teenagers like Greta Thunberg.

Now we have the outgoing KY governor going on a pardon spree, pardoning some very unsavory criminals. Now the vengefulness is becoming more material.

https://kion546.com/news/politics/2019/12/13/former-kentucky-governor-issued-hundreds-of-pardons-before-leaving-office-this-week/

This was the Presidents tweet.
Seem OK to me?

"She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future," Trump wrote over Thunberg's quote. "'So nice to see!"

What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
11,734 Posts
The Kentucky voters got rid of Gov. Bevin (R), for his odd thoughts and questionable behavior.
They primary-ed him. Even over Pres. Trumps endorsement.

Republicans are prone to do this. Most 'care' about someones fitness for office.

Democrats never drown the swamp rats in their midst. They keep voting them in.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
The Kentucky voters got rid of Gov. Bevin (R), for his odd thoughts and questionable behavior.
They primary-ed him. Even over Pres. Trumps endorsement.

Republicans are prone to do this. Most 'care' about someones fitness for office.

Democrats never drown the swamp rats in their midst. They keep voting them in.
This is where I think Democrats are, very reasonably, confused.

When you write corruption they think of profiteering, representing interests for money, bribary etc. Clearly, Republicans are often very tolerant of that from Republicans.

If you mean corrupting, as there is a proper natural order in society, people should know their place, but Democrats are corrupting that...it would make more sense.

·
Premium Member
11,734 Posts
This is where I think Democrats are, very reasonably, confused.

When you write corruption they think of profiteering, representing interests for money, bribary etc. Clearly, Republicans are often very tolerant of that from Republicans.

If you mean corrupting, as there is a proper natural order in society, people should know their place, but Democrats are corrupting that...it would make more sense.
No, not at all. Republicans are not tolerant, once bad actors get exposed to the masses.

Once it becomes public, they are deep-sixed.

Not saying all Republicans are squeaky clean, nope!

Washington is a corrupting influence.

Yes, there should be term limits.
Yes, we already have this, with these primaries.

Unfortunately, the voters talk out of both sides of their mouths. They want reform, but will not vote it in.

The same dumb, and crooked bums keep getting put back in office.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
@;
No, not at all. Republicans are not tolerant, once bad actors get exposed to the masses.

Once it becomes public, they are deep-sixed.

Not saying all Republicans are squeaky clean, nope!

Washington is a corrupting influence.

Yes, there should be term limits.
Yes, we already have this, with these primaries.

Unfortunately, the voters talk out of both sides of their mouths. They want reform, but will not vote it in.

The same dumb, and crooked bums keep getting put back in office.
Trump is corrupt in the back-handers and bribes sense. But, he also represents the old traditional hierarchy of keeping everyone in their proper place.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
If you see the Democrats as out to destroy the proper social hierarchy and natural order, then the actions seem restrained.
"The proper social hierarchy"? I can't think of any time in history THAT argument has been used to ill ends.

We wouldn't want no uppity democrats.

What I've learned from Trump is that America loves a bully. Maybe not all Republicans are becoming personally vindictive, but man-o-man, do they love the guy at the top when he is.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
"The proper social hierarchy"? I can't think of any time in history THAT argument has been used to ill ends.

What I've learned from Trump is that America loves a bully. Maybe not all Republicans are becoming personally vindictive, but man-o-man, do they love the guy at the top when he is.
Yes. Which means either that Republicans are amora or brainwashed and stupid...

...or it is normal for people to see teh social hierarchy and social order that they grew up with as inherently normal and natural. Changes to it are amoral and corrupting.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

My WASP of a husband ... well, ok, his maternal grandfather is Italian, was mentioning lately that anyone who considers the '50s as ideal time for Americans had to have been white and male. I added, or just lucky. Like a woman who married the right guy and is happy to live her life through her children.

Pre civil rights? Pre women's rights? Now when I read about those issues at that time, I wonder what the daily stress levels were like.

·
Registered
635 Posts
This was the Presidents tweet.
Seem OK to me?

"She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future," Trump wrote over Thunberg's quote. "'So nice to see!"

What am I missing?
That was so last year...lol

This week, when she was named TIME person of the year, he tweeted:

“Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend!" Trump wrote of teenage climate crisis activist Greta Thunberg. "Chill Greta, Chill!"

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was so last year...lol

This week, when she was named TIME person of the year, he tweeted:

“Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend!" Trump wrote of teenage climate crisis activist Greta Thunberg. "Chill Greta, Chill!"
I guess GOP supporters like to be misleading.

Since Trump likes to interact in an alternative universe, why doesn't just create his own magazine and make him Man of the Year every year. I guess that's what he is working towards.

·
Registered
16,581 Posts
Not "becoming" ~ they have been steadily going down the road of political polarization and partisanship ever since the 1980's, progressively getting worse with the passage of time!

Greatly to the point that even some of the Dems are becoming slaves to their abhorrent attitudes and behavior!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I don't believe you.
ok, boomer, lol

Her message is garbage, obviously.

I feel sorry for all child actors.

Her mentally ill parents/handlers should be ashamed of themselves.

/threadjack

Let's get back to talking about how the evil republicans are evilly dragging the innocent democrats into the cesspool....(thx for the laugh, Arb)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
An equal measure of sympathy for her adulthood, being stolen by us.
I do cringe at her opponents claiming compassion. But, she is a strange hero. Clearly, a [uppity] Swedish, teenage girl is very good at annoying many conservatives. I fear that is an element of why many on the left venerate her so much. And, that is unfair on her.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Not "becoming" ~ they have been steadily going down the road of political polarization and partisanship ever since the 1980's, progressively getting worse with the passage of time!

Greatly to the point that even some of the Dems are becoming slaves to their abhorrent attitudes and behavior!
It shows that the modern world seems to be impinging more and more and defending the proper social order has become more urgent.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts