Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently saw a few minutes of a female comedian, Nikki Glaser, and she was doing a stand-up routine about when females first discover that bj’s are something they will be doing in life. She said she first thought maybe it was something that not every woman does, but then you realize it’s something you’ll be doing as a woman. She even went into the choice of swallow or spit.

This was all a comedy routine, but it did make me curious, are bj’s really something that is considered a normal act for women? This may sound strange coming from a guy, but I can honestly see where that wouldn’t be every woman’s cup of tea, just like bondage isn’t for everybody. Are bj’s considered a common practice among most couples who have a great relationship, and is it something most women don’t mind?

·
Super Moderator
8,113 Posts
They are a given should you decide they are.

I dated a woman that made it clear she did not enjoy or provide oral.

I didnt question or challenge that position. Her choice.

My choice, was to no longer date her.

From my perspective, oral is a a pedestrian part of the sexual menu.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
I think of oral (women on men and men on women) as a standard sexual act. Doesn't mean its "required" in some global sense, but its something I enjoy so if I were dating, a woman who didn't enjoy it would be a cause for concern.

Not about "right or wrong", just whether or not people are compatible.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In my rather limited experience, oral is 100% a given as far as ladies giving bjs. I’ve never been on the receiving end, so I’m thinking that’s probably less common. Im also realizing that I have questionable taste in men. Lol.

But, I have to point out there’s a definite convenience factor when it comes to bjs. Think about it..
Road trip? Out on the boat? At a party? Boring work thing? It’s waaaay easier to slip off for a quick oral servicing if you’re an outie vs. an innie. Plus, with the option to swallow, cleanup is a breeze.

I’m a fan, in general. If he’s not too aggressive about it, I’m in! More for the fun and satisfaction of knowing I can get him off any old time I want to. (Not exactly speaking to my current situation... but there have been some fun times!)

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Are bj’s considered a common practice among most couples who have a great relationship, and is it something most women don’t mind?
I can't speak for all women, but bj's are something I consider as standard common practice. I wouldn't want to be in a relationship where I didn't both give and receive oral as it's something I very much enjoy. That said, I did not perform oral on all of my partners. Some I just wasn't into that way. Others I could barely contain myself.

·
Registered
13,597 Posts
But, I have to point out there’s a definite convenience factor when it comes to bjs. Think about it..
Road trip? Out on the boat? At a party? Boring work thing? It’s waaaay easier to slip off for a quick oral servicing if you’re an outie vs. an innie. Plus, with the option to swallow, cleanup is a breeze.
Our code phase for this is “shall we be hygienic?”, works both ways.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Based on the number of men who say that they stopped getting them after marriage I’d say it’s not a given that it will be in a woman’s life forever.

As a woman I’d say that a man and woman’s bodies interlock in a limited number of ways and how boring would it be to take one of those ways completely off the table? Not to mention, I think it’s ridiculous to make a man believe you’re one way about it, then get that ring on your finger and say “ha ha...that wasn’t the real me!” No bueno.

Just my humble opinion though.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Based on the number of men who say that they stopped getting them after marriage I’d say it’s not a given that it will be in a woman’s life forever.

As a woman I’d say that a man and woman’s bodies interlock in a limited number of ways and how boring would it be to take one of those ways completely off the table? Not to mention, I think it’s ridiculous to make a man believe you’re one way about it, then get that ring on your finger and say “ha ha...that wasn’t the real me!” No bueno.

Just my humble opinion though.
Classic example of the "bait and switch".

Oral is a must for me (both giving and receiving). Have left previous relationships because of that

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
Even 20 years ago when I was dating, no enthusiastic BJs meant that we didn’t date.

Getting into a relationship with someone closed sexually is a slow death. Been there, done that.
What makes you think that a woman who wont do blow jobs is closed sexually? She may well be happy to do all sorts of other things but not that.

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
I am always amazed at how so many seem to base their choice of a partner on one or two things that they will or wont do sexually. For me my choice of partner is based on so many more things, oral sex or not oral sex is not something I would ever end a good relationship over.

·
Super Moderator
5,264 Posts
Even 20 years ago when I was dating, no enthusiastic BJs meant that we didn’t date.

Getting into a relationship with someone closed sexually is a slow death. Been there, done that.
What makes you think that a woman who wont do blow jobs is closed sexually? She may well be happy to do all sorts of other things but not that.
Must be the full moon but I actually agree with you @Diana7. ;-D I too try to judge people based on the idea that the whole is greater that than the sum of their parts.

As far as sexual acts go, I don't allow semen in my mouth. I don't hold it against anyone if they judge me as a sexual reject. To me it's a compatibility issue. If it means so much for them to have a woman who let's them cum in their mouth, then who am I to judge. They just won't get to enjoy the other 100 things I do enjoy doing.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I like giving it when it is wanted and sometimes when it is not necessary wanted but I am in the mood to give it. But I do not like getting it regularly. I will have it now and then but not like it all the time. It is too intense and stops me giving back anything.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I am always amazed at how so many seem to base their choice of a partner on one or two things that they will or wont do sexually. For me my choice of partner is based on so many more things, oral sex or not oral sex is not something I would ever end a good relationship over.
Why are you amazed? Picking a partner based on how compatible they are with you (whether it be sexual or nonsexual), is probably the most important factor in a healthy relationship. Everyone is different and looks for different things in a relationship that are important. In my case, I learned a very important lesson, never settle for less then what you want/need. It leads to resentment and unhappiness.

1 - 20 of 291 Posts