Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1231 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am married for a bit over a year. She is a very good person and I can tell without a doubt really loves me. Same on this side. If you visit a MGTOW site, it makes it seem like all women are horrid and men can only live a satisfying life without them. Women make up 51% of the worldwide population! Sounds a bit far fetched. Any opinions? Any truly happily married men out there who would not trade it for the world?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MEN GOING THEIR OWN WAY. A group of men who seem to harbor some very negative views on the female gender. Many of these men seem educated and some of their arguments carry a bit of truth - but there is good and bad in both genders.

·
Registered
39,733 Posts
Read His Needs Her Needs. It will explain what the guys who ARE happy in their marriage know, and do.

Those guys who've had bad experiences aren't willing to address the stuff in the book and, of course, get bad results.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Do they just get prostitutes? How do they deal with no sex or intimacy?

I'm sure there's some merit for men going their own way, and for a decent guy who has been burnt over and over by women it may make sense assuming they have the financial means to afford "company" from time to time, a man needs that... Most men enter marriages with women today knowing that in the end they'll always look to move on up the chain. Men are content, women never are, women are always looking for something better. But we deal with it anyway, then move on to the next one.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Many do get prostitutes. Some just try to suppress their urges. Some admit to onanism.
ONANISM!

now there's a word not often used.

i went my own way for years as a bachelor, but it didn't have anything to do with animosity towards women at all. I liked women then, i like them now.

i just felt that dating, playing games, relationships were way too much trouble. i was happy as i was a bachelor and content. and yes i did partake of the onanism cup now and then. that kept me fine.

i changed all that about ten years ago and started dating again after about 20 years. i found that dating was still a pain in the @ss and relationships too, but the highest highs in life are intimacy, so i decided to throw my hat into the ring.

now i'm very happily married going on almost 3 years.

i get guys (and gals) that don't want to bother with all the bul$hit of dating. but i also think any negativity toward the opposite sex is even more stupid.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I will add that I could never live without a woman in my life long term, I am fine with it for months or even years if I need to. But long term I enjoy a woman's companionship and company. I find I'm a better man when I'm with a woman I love. If left to my own devices I drink too much, tend to become self-centered, and more shallow. I look for sex not love, and things to satisfy my immediate needs. They're good to great at the time but feel hollow after awhile.

I'm married 15 years (with a two year separation in between) and still partake in the onanism cup at least weekly :).

But I don't ever let myself think that my marriage is for life anymore. That went out the door when we first separated. I don't invest to the point where she's my whole life. I leave it so if she decides she's bored and wants a divorce, or cheats, I can move on and recover a lot easier than when I was younger and more emotional.

There's a ton of talk about how men can't adjust to modern society, in some ways they have a point. But I think women need to look at how they're adjusting, between the cheating, filing for divorce at a much greater rate, taking offense at pretty much everything, modern feminism more about man hate and bringing men down several pegs instead of uplifting women, self-medication and medicating anxiety and depression, there's a lot the "modern woman" needs to look at and assess.

I think in our times there are much starker divides between the races and sexes than in previous generations. The fringe element on both sides is very agitated, aggressive, and outspoken.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
knobcreek..very well written! There is a lot of negativity on both sides of the gender aisle. We are meant to live together as humans - not apart. I am not religious at all - but however we were created - this just seems natural. One thing I do take issue with on the MGTOW forums is the horrific, degrading language being used about women. The C*** word is used quite often, and while there may be many women guilty of behaving in that manner, there are many, many men who the D*** word is just as apt. If any MGTOW or similar movement is to have any traction and wants to be taken seriously, it must not stoop to sophomoric, degrading levels.

·
Registered
801 Posts
There's a ton of talk about how men can't adjust to modern society, in some ways they have a point. But I think women need to look at how they're adjusting, between the cheating, filing for divorce at a much greater rate, taking offense at pretty much everything, modern feminism more about man hate and bringing men down several pegs instead of uplifting women, self-medication and medicating anxiety and depression, there's a lot the "modern woman" needs to look at and assess.
I'm a feminist and definitely a "modern woman." To me that means to I would like to have equal access to resources (educational opportunities, business opportunities, salary and position) and I accept equal responsibility for that. Which means, I support myself and don't expect a man to pay my way through life. Real feminists believe in fairness...not in taking advantage of the system because they're women.

I certainly do not disrespect men...never would. If I disrespected my husband...who is a formidable person...he'd divorce me in a heartbeat and I have several men that work for me and that I work for at work that are brilliant, kind and who always have my back if I screw up at work. I need them to help me be successful at what I do and vice versa.

I'm actually fundamentally opposed to medication unless its absolutely necessary. I take zero although I have to watch my iron levels carefully by diet means and if I'm lacking take iron supplements.

And being a feminist doesn't mean that I don't love doing things that are traditionally female...when I'm not working I love to cook, take pride in a clean house and I knit most of my kid's winter stuff.

And I'm not alone. Most of my social circle are very successful, "modern", feminists who are very similar to me.

I'm so tired of bitter men lumping all women who want some fairness and equality into this fake feminism label. The fact is that a lot of women who call themselves feminists don't want equality, they want special treatment while they seek some men to financially support them. There's a lot of bad people out there...from both genders.

We're not all that way and maybe what you need to do is recognize that its your failure to seek out and find good women.

·
Banned
6,046 Posts
I think that many of issues being discussed here come from the label we apply to ourselves or to others. It seems that a lot of people are simply unable to recognize, accept and respect the individual for who they are. Each of us is a whole lot more than whatever label we choose to apply of have applied on us.

·
Banned
2,608 Posts
ONANISM!

now there's a word not often used.

i went my own way for years as a bachelor, but it didn't have anything to do with animosity towards women at all. I liked women then, i like them now.

i just felt that dating, playing games, relationships were way too much trouble. i was happy as i was a bachelor and content. and yes i did partake of the onanism cup now and then. that kept me fine.

i changed all that about ten years ago and started dating again after about 20 years. i found that dating was still a pain in the @ss and relationships too, but the highest highs in life are intimacy, so i decided to throw my hat into the ring.

now i'm very happily married going on almost 3 years.

i get guys (and gals) that don't want to bother with all the bul$hit of dating. but i also think any negativity toward the opposite sex is even more stupid.
You may be a bit confused here, you don't wear a cup when you onanize....It would get in the way....Although if you do it for long periods of time, you might want to wear a cup afterwards...Those puppies can get TENDER....

I too did not enjoy relationship games...Married at 19....50 years next FEB...

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
I don't watch the videos or subscribe to the hate involved but I very much believe in MGTOW. My expression of it is simple. Many women want some unreasonable things from men. I refuse to supply those things. I encourage other men to see how unreasonable those demands are, and to also refuse to be a supplier.
Here is a partial list:
Prom Dates.
Diamonds.
Big Weddings.
Child Support for children we aren't allowed to parent.

Now when a woman is willing to be a reasonable partner There is a possibility of Relationship. When the women want a man to be a prop in their fantasy, No Thanks.

1 - 20 of 1231 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.