Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I had a driving lesson the other day and me and my instructor were talking about affairs, and cheating during marriage.
He said that ALL men would 100% cheat IF it was handed to them on a plate!

Now I don't believe this is true at all, but I'm curious as to what other people think?

Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
A blanket statement such as 'all men cheat' is bound to be wrong, you know it has to be. Where are you from? I have friends from South America who tell me that in their culture, the men cheat regularly and the women just put up with it. I have heard this about other cultures as well....but still, I don't personally believe that all men cheat.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am from England. And I don't think all men cheat given the opportunity either, but it just got me wondering.. It's very easy to say "ill never cheat on my partner" but you only ever know if you have been placed into that situation.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
In North America, cheating is not acceptable behaviour, either. I can't imagine being a woman and just having to put up with it.

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
In North America, cheating is not acceptable behaviour, either. I can't imagine being a woman and just having to put up with it.
Try having kids and being in a culture where you either can't work, or you can't get a job which holds any respectable standard of living.

You might be amazed what you can suddenly put up with...

Just saying.

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
Male or female, everyone who breathes has opportunities to cheat just like everyone with hands has the ability to steal. Most don't.
Eh.

People are flawed. We all have weak spots. Some people have very SMALL weak spots.

I think that given a bad relationship, a friendship with a VERY pretty AND compatible girl where both parties lose their moral compass and are put into a situation where secrecy is possible or the future looks pretty bleak (war, desert island, zombie apocolypse), yeah, almost all guys will cheat.

BUT that's a perfect storm scenario. It generally takes more than a wink, a nod and a low cut blouse.

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
Try having kids and being in a culture where you either can't work, or you can't get a job which holds any respectable standard of living.

You might be amazed what you can suddenly put up with...

Just saying.
Meh....no thanks. Not my cuppa.

·
Banned
7,548 Posts
Well I'm 55 have never cheated and don't intend to, I love my wife, we have regular and varied sex, we talk to each other, I can discuss my worries with her (something I've only recently learned to do as I've been a bottler upper before).

Why on earth would I want an affair?

So that 100% is already 99.9 recurring%

·
Banned
4,306 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Uhh, no. Have you read the countless threads here with guys having adulterous wives and not avenging those affairs by having one of their own? It isn't because we lack game, looks, or the $$$ to draw someone else. Believe it or not, there are actually some of us out there who still have this thing called integrity. Some of us took our marital vows and, get this, lived up to them.

Why don't your friend ask some of the folks we married that question?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
Well I'm 55 have never cheated and don't intend to, I love my wife, we have regular and varied sex, we talk to each other, I can discuss my worries with her (something I've only recently learned to do as I've been a bottler upper before).

Why on earth would I want an affair?

So that 100% is already 99.9 recurring%
The question is not 'have you', it's 'given the proper opportunity, WOULD you?"

Maybe you just didn't get the plate. Or at least, weren't offered a plate full of anything appealing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The question is not 'have you', it's 'given the proper opportunity, WOULD you?"

Maybe you just didn't get the plate. Or at least, weren't offered a plate full of anything appealing.
Uhh, nope. Thought about it after reading the emails and texts about how unattractive I was compared to the OM. If that wasn't the 'perfect opportunity', I really don't know what is. But I decided not to...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
Uhh, no. Have you read the countless threads here with guys having adulterous wives and not avenging those affairs by having one of their own? It isn't because we lack game, looks, or the $$$ to draw someone else. Believe it or not, there are actually some of us out there who still have this thing called integrity. Some of us took our marital vows and, get this, lived up to them.

Why don't your friend ask some of the folks we married that question?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mmm.

And how many threads have we read here (Granted mostly women) who suddenly write saying "Um...I never EVER would have thought I would cheat but..."?

People never know what they are capable of until they are put under pressure.

Reactions: Remains

·
Registered
130 Posts
True but the original post talked about all men not women, which to me still fuels the flames of the 'all men are dogs but women are virtuous' theme, which sickens me to the core...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JCD - exactly my point!

Simon - I'm not saying that ALL men cheat, this was a conversation with my instructor (who's a man) and he was very sure that ALL men would cheat, if it was handed to them, no strings attached. I didn't agree with him, I think if a person is committed, man OR woman, will not cheat.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think that there is a good chance that men will cheat when i was first divorced 30 years ago i went to a few dating clubs and the amount of married men there pretending to be single was surprising perhaps 25 % i chatted to a good few and they were there for a good time and not there to find a partner in life just sex and driving instructors are the worlds worst my first X wound up having a affair with him the divorce followed as i said to her i hope it was worth it i don't do second hand

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi.

I had a driving lesson the other day and me and my instructor were talking about affairs, and cheating during marriage.
He said that ALL men would 100% cheat IF it was handed to them on a plate!

Now I don't believe this is true at all, but I'm curious as to what other people think?

Thank you.
Posted via Mobile Device
I never did it.So, what does that make me?
Should I assume that ALL women will cheat because my ex did?
Or, should I assume she did it because I'm a lousy lay, but a good provider?:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.