Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of a sensitive subject, I know (I like that).

Thing is: I was out jogging the other day and found a couple fighting on an empty side-road out there. Actually, she was really hard beating down on him, literally like a heavy weight champion, and he was ducked down, hands in front of his face, crying. She backed off a bit when I was passing by, but continued right after. They were both about 18 or so.
Came home, told this to my wife, she said: "Well, he must have done something really bad."
My question is: Like what? I mean, stolen her money? Sex with another woman?

I also saw a Youtube video the other day from some guy in the "manosphere" (sorry, not finding it anymore), where he made a compilation. Could see quite a number of iPhoned scenes with (usually younger) women, in public, punching a guy really hard in the face, even knocking him down. When he got up again and tried to get back at her, he was immediately knocked down again by the other five guys around him, since we all know that women need to be protected.

Question: Is there any point that could justify that a woman gets violent? Then: What could a guy do in such a situation? Any thoughts (experiences) on that?

·
Registered
38 Posts
May be he has done things that hurts her..but is not necessary that he was mistaken..in this type of case cheating or keeping eye on partner can be reason..

·
Registered
477 Posts
Violence is not acceptable in any situation except in defense. And if a woman ever feels the urge to beat or hit on a man that is surely a sign that the relationship should be over.

·
Registered
477 Posts
What I don't like is men who feel it is ok to fight women in the same way that they would fight with a man. I believe in equality but I also live in the real world and it isn't right for a woman to be treated like a man as if women are built the same because we aren't. I know of at least one man here on TAM (not saying all guys just this one) who has admitted that he will hit a woman just as he would a man because he believes in 'equality'. I call :bsflag:!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I believe that sometimes in this life people deserve a smack in the face.

I also believe that if a woman hits a man she had better be ready to be hit back.

Dont give it if you cant take it.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
No, she should of gone to jail.

I use to be a runner before I broke my neck. I always carried a cell phone(put it in the key pocket of running shorts) and a can of pepper spray with tear gas in it to ward off dogs. I've been bitten and threatened several times by dogs!

I would of called 911 on the lady beating the man. It wrong and uncalled for!

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Not acceptable at all! The ONLY exception I would make is self defense. That's it. If they were, indeed, a couple, then her ass should have been reported. I don't care WHAT his offense was. Beating someone down like that is unacceptable.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The only way I'd beat my man down is if he physically attacked me and I was defending myself. I don't believe anyone should hit anyone else, other than those defending them or their loved ones.

I stress to my kids, not just my sons, that it is NOT okay to hit anyone, my daughter likes to try to take the "boys don't hit girls" rule at my ex husband's house by hitting her brothers and when they hit back, she runs to daddy and tells and one of my sons get in trouble. My rules don't apply to just one sex, they apply to everyone, boy, girl it doesn't matter to me. You don't hit...period.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, and you should have called the police.
Sure that would have had no use, living in a country where there are different standards.

Apart from that, would you think that would really have a great effect if I had done so in any Western setting. No offense, but I guess no-one would take a call like that really for serious.

Could have stepped up myself, but I believe it would not help him in mid-term or long run. Physically he did not have any disadvantage. So, he needs at some point to learn to stand up for himself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are cases of spousal abuse where men are physically abused by their women. It's not as uncommon as one might think. It's just not talked about.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What I don't like is men who feel it is ok to fight women in the same way that they would fight with a man. I believe in equality but I also live in the real world and it isn't right for a woman to be treated like a man as if women are built the same because we aren't. I know of at least one man here on TAM (not saying all guys just this one) who has admitted that he will hit a woman just as he would a man because he believes in 'equality'. I call :bsflag:!!
Not sure what to make out of that. Does that mean women should definitely hit men back, but men shouldn't if they get hit by a woman? I know it's sensitive, but what would you have done in this or similar situation as a man?

I guess I would not have hit on her like I would have done on a man (to be clear: I never hit people. But then again: I'm never in such a situation). But I would probably grab her not so gently by the shoulders and push her into the grass, look her deep in the eyes and tell her: "You're done now!". Something like that. IMO that would not be inappropriate.

·
Administrator
44,446 Posts
Question: Is there any point that could justify that a woman gets violent? Then: What could a guy do in such a situation? Any thoughts (experiences) on that?
In the scene you saw and in the video you did not get to see what led up to the beat down.

Most of the time I would say that there is no excuse for violence in a marriage by either partner.

But... I can think of one that I actually did. My first husband became violent after we were married for a while. He had gone through brain surgery so I was cutting him some slack due to problems from the surgery. I was young and stupid in thinking that we’d weather it and I’d help him heal and the anger/violence would go away.

He hit me, punched me, etc.. once he gave me a black eye, smashed my head into a table.. you get the idea. Well one day he came at me and started hitting me. He was 6’ I am 5’3”. I became furious that he was going to once again physically attack me. I turned on him and gave him a pretty good beat down… no bruises or anything like that. But I’d had some Karate training so when I was young I had a pretty good punch. While I was going at him I was saying “So you like beating on me? Well how do you like getting beat on? Is this fun?” It was like a switch was flipped in me and I was not going to allow this anymore. I think he was more shocked then physically hurt.

He never again became violent. That ended the physical abuse.

Was it justified. I think so, it was self-defense and it worked.

·
Banned
1,999 Posts
Tom Jones wife beat the sh!t out of him for one of several affairs. "I took it." I suppose he felt that it was deserved.

I can certainly understand a spouse getting violent after infidelity has been discovered. However, understanding is not the same as condoning.

If a man has assaulted a woman, he should be prepared to be hit in return. Assault can be physical, sexual or verbal and sometimes self defence is necessary. An ex boyfriend screamed in my face during arguments for years, despite my repeated requests for him to stop. The madness did not end until I thumped him one day. I have no regrets or shame for that action because he assaulted me first. Screaming in someone's face is considered assault and abuse up here, because of the intimidation factor.

·
Administrator
44,446 Posts
Sure that would have had no use, living in a country where there are different standards.

Apart from that, would you think that would really have a great effect if I had done so in any Western setting. No offense, but I guess no-one would take a call like that really for serious.

Could have stepped up myself, but I believe it would not help him in mid-term or long run. Physically he did not have any disadvantage. So, he needs at some point to learn to stand up for himself.
Yes, in the USA a call to 911 about a woman beating a man would be taken seriously.

·
Administrator
44,446 Posts
Not sure what to make out of that. Does that mean women should definitely hit men back, but men shouldn't if they get hit by a woman? I know it's sensitive, but what would you have done in this or similar situation as a man?

I think it depend on whether or not the hit acutally hurt. I know a lot of women who could not hit/punch their pay out of a paper bag.

If she hits him and it's a sissy punch/hit he should not hit her back. Instead he can walk away. He probably should end the relationhip at that point.

Is she hurts him and/or is constantly comming at him to fight physically he should still try to walk away. Generally men are a lot stronger than women and he could hurt her a lot more than he intends to. Thus he now gets set up for abuse. He's a lot better off walking away if he can. If he cannot walk way then he can take the needed action to stop the attack. But few people would believe that he was defending himself.. it's sad but this happens. he could end up in legal trouble for domestic violence.

I'd give women the same advice as above... try to walk away and end the relationship.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.