Talk About Marriage banner
1221 - 1240 of 1242 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
So true. Exhibit A: Jeff Bezos. I’d like to think I’m the exception - I am extremely successful (not a billionaire by any means tho) so I know it’s possible at least to succeed without being a complete asshole all the time.
During my career, the really successful that made it to top echelon were all A$$holes and Narcissistic. As the old song “you probably think this song is about you”.

Which of the wildly successful in any venue are NOT? Warren Buffett comes to mind, at least his public persona.

As other poster mentioned, humans reward narcissists. Julius Caesar, Napoleon, Putin, Mao, etc

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Purple's husband knew she put herself number one over all others when he married her, so he shouldn't expect the zebra stripes to suddenly shift direction.
Where do you find evidence to support this position? We haven’t heard from her husband, and she may have withheld her true colors from him during the vetting process.

It is likely true a Zebra can’t change its stripes. But it’s also true that many Zebras may take advantage of someone who they convincingly tell a story that they’re not really a zebra, they’re something else. Those who fall for such stories are likely more trusting than others and hit harder than most when it’s discovered they did in fact marry a zebra.

·
Registered
14,546 Posts
During my career, the really successful that made it to top echelon were all A$$holes and Narcissistic. As the old song “you probably think this song is about you”.

Which of the wildly successful in any venue are NOT? Warren Buffett comes to mind, at least his public persona.

As other poster mentioned, humans reward narcissists. Julius Caesar, Napoleon, Putin, Mao, etc
I know that I would never be successful in a wordly way because I am not ruthless.

·
Registered
232 Posts
"Very few people are emotionally evolved enough to separate sex from love"

I´m not sure if the ones saying this know what love is. They may have their own imaginative image of it.
What I dare to say that, IMO they neither know too much how much sex may rise and shine between two in love.

In a second look at the same assertion, I also got surprised by the direction of said "emotional evolution" as described.
Based in my personal experience, I would find the opposite to be a desirable path.

·
Premium Member
17,546 Posts
Hey you all, apparently the there are some significant thread jacks on this thread leading to PurpleRoses and her issues not getting the support needed. Stop the thread jacks. If you post on this thread, post directly to @PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses or any other use can report any further thread jacks and a moderator will clean it up.
Good luck with the cleaning job.

Some posters have diarrhea......of the mouth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I never said I think it's ok. I'm not proud of what I've done. There is nothing that justifies it. I can't sleep and I have really bad anxiety. I would be horrified if it were reversed.
Hi, I am wondering what compelled you to seek someone else? In my case it’s pretty much no sex for about 13 years. And he’s just traumatized. I lied and flew out of state to meet the sweetest man I have ever met. Spent 5 days with him. Husband found out and immediately went and filled for divorce. After 41 years. Only you know your reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hi, I am wondering what compelled you to seek someone else? In my case it’s pretty much no sex for about 13 years. And he’s just traumatized. I lied and flew out of state to meet the sweetest man I have ever met. Spent 5 days with him. Husband found out and immediately went and filled for divorce. After 41 years. Only you know your reasons.

So will you be marrying the sweetest man?

·
Registered
845 Posts

Were those 5 days with "the sweetest man" [a man with no problem wrecking a family for sex] worth it? I wish your ex or STBX husband healing and a better wife and a fulfilling future.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts

Why didn't you do the right thing and divorce him when you were having your needs met in the marriage? Why go the immoral route of lies and cheating?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why didn't you do the right thing and divorce him when you were having your needs met in the marriage? Why go the immoral route of lies and cheating?
Wow, you are extremely judgmental. I do not appreciate your judgment. Who do you think you are, God? The morality police? This is supposed to be a safe place for sexless marriage victims to freely express our experience and again, I do not appreciate your judgment or tone.

1221 - 1240 of 1242 Posts