Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I have come to the assumption after almost 6 years of his family trying to sabotage our marriage (which was actually said from there mouth) and from there rude snyde remarks, trying to tell us how to raise our girls. We are fed up and want all of this to be over. Do we write a letter or call? Remember these people are not normal they think screaming and calling eachother horrible things is normal. Please help.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What do you mean call it an end??? do you mean cut all ties with them??? If you want to express your feelings towards them then I would suggest that you sit them down and talk about it. They may scream and shout but it would be better for you and your husband to know that you did things the right way.

·
Registered
605 Posts
:iagree:

Writing a letter bars any interruption by the reciver, lets the writer be most succinct in what is being expressed.

I did one to MIL in which I precisely described why I felt disrespected even dishonored by an action she chose to do and what that action/choice was that made me feel that way. So far, no response from her other than "don't condone what is happening...". She knows now how I feel about that specific incident and why.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Face to Face talk would be better....
But, if that will only lead to arguments & them trying to manipulate your hubs,, then letter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wouldn't waste your energy with either. If they are trying to interfere with your relationship I suspect whatever mode you use to communicate they are incapable of listening.

Remember you do have a choice, that is why i said if they are "trying to interfere". You choose to let them or not. If you choose to not let them interfere you need say anything to them.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Write a letter (for your own peace of mind if it will help you feel better) or just cease all communication. You have given them plenty of times to accept your marriage and your boundaries. If they have not come to terms by now, they need a sturn message now.. and that is to sever contact.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank You all for your help, I feel so good after 6 years of never being accepted and treated horrible that I finally have a back bone and wont let them ruin my family, his sister who I speak of never even came to our wedding, daughters baptisms, babyshower,etc, and then still has the nerve to say how to raise are children and say how I have taken her brother away, and cant wait untill he leaves me so he will come back to her. I'm still trying to decide a proper way to end it sort of amicably, but honestly I don't think anyway we do it will end well. Thank you all for your suggestions.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
However you do it - whether letter or call - be willing to continue to enforce the boundary that you have set if they continue to cross it. It is only by you and your H doing this consistently that will make any difference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So tried calling her h couldnt really get a word in she said I broke up there family but with no explanation why, said she hopes I dont turn my back on my h because he will have no one. Then started screaming and when h said I was the one after an argument that they had brought them together she really didnt want to hear it, I was crazy to think she would take any blame for her actions, I had heard from someone before that she cant wait until her brother leaves me so he can come back to her which is kind of creepy to me. We are happy and this has only made us stronger I just think some people are so miserable and alone they dont want other people to be happy. We will pray for her and hope one day maybe things can be normal with the family.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I would go no contact at this point, your H needs to stay on board with you. If they ever want to try again, your going to have to maintain some strict boundaries. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would go no contact at this point, your H needs to stay on board with you. If they ever want to try again, your going to have to maintain some strict boundaries. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device
You are definitely right about that, and if they want a relationship I think we will need to all sit down and understand that my h and I stand together so they need to know their place. Thank you :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.